Removing Tile improvements?

GeneralMaximus

Chieftain
Hi
Love Civ V so far but my only trouble is tile improvements. They are killing my economy and I want to remove some of them. I can't seem to find an option for it? Is there a way to do this or is it impossible? Seems weird if you can't remove them :confused:

Thanks in advance

I think only roads and railroads cost gold to maintain, and you can remove them with worker.
farms, mines etc. should be free... right ?

They are killing my economy and I want to remove some of them.
What? How is that happening? Can't you just build the one you want over the unwanted tile improvement? Unless you mean roads, but workers can remove them.

Cheers, LT.

They do have maintenance, if I scroll over my gold it says something like: -18 Tile improvements.

What I did was I spammed trade posts to get my economy back on track. But the problem is I don't have citizens to work the tiles which rend my trade posts useless. Instead of gaining money they do the opposite.
Therefore changing the improvements wouldn't help since the maintenance is still there.
I want to get rid of them entirely since I can't work them!

Anyways thanks for the answers! :)

They do have maintenance, if I scroll over my gold it says something like: -18 Tile improvements.
That's the maintenance for roads and railroads, nothing else. And these *can* be removed by workers... though you might cripple your trade connections by removing your roads.

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom