Repeated Civilisation 5 crash

Sealy300

Chieftain
I've had a repeating bug with regards to playing the game with mods as it crashes through multiple playthroughs around on the same turn when pushing next turn. I've tried various combinations of the mods and it doesn't appear to be them causing it. I will put some saves up with the mods momentarily, but the issue is that it is happening over very different playthroughs and means I cannot get past around turn 350.

My PC specs are:
Lenovo IP500,
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (No, I didn't upgrade so it isn't that issue)
Processor: Intel i5 2.4 GHz with four CPUs
12 gb ram
AMD Radeon R7 M360 (8gb of GRAM)

This has happened under both Dx9 and Dx 11.

Any other specs or anything, please say. If there are any logs of use, I will try to get them up. I will compile a list of mods I'm using and a few saves.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

You say it isn't the mods causing the crash, but does it happen when you play an unmodded game?

You say it isn't the mods causing the crash, but does it happen when you play an unmodded game?
I've just started on this new PC, I haven't tried a full game (playing through to the point turn-wise for a test may not work anyways). The only one I have done is a 100 years in a scenario, but that doesn't get up to the Turn period which it tends to occur at (300-400).

Then you can't rule out mods as the cause of the problem (and, frankly, the mods are probably the cause of the problem -- all it takes are two mods trying to modify the same screen or menu and when the conflict arises (however late the turn count might be) the game can crash). I realize it can be tedious to play a game to a late turn count in the hopes of identifying a cause of a crash, but frequently that is what is required.

Well I've just done a vanilla run through and have successfully got around 150 turns after the point where it is meant to crash and it has worked.

The reason I questioned it being the mods is that the vast majority of them (in the last playthrough) were made by the same person and designed to work together. I had also played with them on my old PC (Which was significantly weaker than this one) and they all worked.

I have reason to believe that it is infoaddict (for whatever reason) causing the issues, which is a shame since it is bloody useful. It would help if there is a history of this mod causing conflict, thanks. Sorry to waste your time.

Top Bottom