Request: mod/scenario(s) "The Orient"

Thonnas

Warlord
It doesn't look like anyone has brought this up yet (at least in any serious discussion), so, as I can hardly find the time to play the game, I humbly request that some prospective modders take it upon themselves to develop a mod and scenario(s) based on "The Orient."

That is to say, something with a map based on sections, or all, of asia, from India to the Polynesians and Australia to Japan. Potentially even with a slightly later era, as well as mostly different resources, and of course native civilizations. Of course many of the native civilizations should be more like full blown civs than the C4C Indians, and would probably require some conquest before colonization could begin, but I digress.

I don't want to make this a thread simply discussing concepts and ideas that are unlikely to get implemented by anyone discussing them. This is a request, that someone take up the mantle and make it happen. Finding ideas is hardly ever the difficult part.

There is an Asia scenario in Age of Discovery II, it is called "Columbus's Dream," it still has the regular natives though.

Speaking about other parts of the world, I think a South Africa mod would be just as awesome. You've got Germany Portugal England and the Dutch, the (Pre-)Apartheid, you've got the Boers and Voortrekkers, Diamond wars, Commandos, Zulu wars, etc. It has so much potential, and sadly, it has been a rather ignored part of history.

Top Bottom