Requested buttons

Ok
With previous buttons, the Alpha channel used to be preserved... I just noticed that it isn't the case with my more recent ones, don't really know why though... This can be solved easily. As for myself, I use The Gimp and Dxtbmp, so I'll explain the procedure with these, but certainly, other softwares could also do the job.

1- Open the button file to be corrected in Dxtbmp

2- In "Alpha" menu on top, select "Import Alpha channel" (You'll get a warning that the Alpha channel of the image will be replaced. Click OK, that's what we want to do...)

3- Select Civ4_Buttons_Alpha.bmp (found at the end of this post) as the new alpha channel.

4- Now "Save as" the image in "DDS DXT3" format.

That's is, your buttons should now appear correctly!

Attachments

• Civ4_Buttons_Alpha.bmp
    5.1 KB · Views: 108
I presume my previous posts in this thread seems a little unseemly but I wanted a little help to start.
Probably, I must start a thread myself.
Those units buttons looks great.
EDIT : the alpha channel ! I think paintdotnet is not very explicit about it.

Try Gimp 2.2. It's better than Paint.net.

As for myself, Gimp is THE software to work with... First because it's free, and second because possibilities are amazing... But, since it's not from Windows, the software won't take you by the hand and show you how to succeed in 3 easy steps... On the other hand, "Googling" Gimp will provide you with many interesting tutorials and howtos... I've been working with it for more than a year now... It was sometimes extremely confusing at first, but I gotta say without bragging that I can do pretty much everything with it now, even though I'm still learning new ways to achieve my goals with it everyday...

As for myself, Gimp is THE software to work with... First because it's free, and second because possibilities are amazing... But, since it's not from Windows, the software won't take you by the hand and show you how to succeed in 3 easy steps... On the other hand, "Googling" Gimp will provide you with many interesting tutorials and howtos... I've been working with it for more than a year now... It was sometimes extremely confusing at first, but I gotta say without bragging that I can do pretty much everything with it now, even though I'm still learning new ways to achieve my goals with it everyday...

lol True. I worked with it for I while but i decided to go into programing and scripting instead.

Try Gimp 2.2. It's better than Paint.net.
I have already the gimp on my computer. I downloaded it a few days ago.

@Laurino - I'm using Paint.net, I've been working with it for more than a dozen days now.
So, I think I'm not a desesperate case.
Thanks, Laurino, for the advices, I'll try harder with the Gimp.

Snipperrabbit!!

Question from a noob, i have several buttons that need worked on for ViSa. I have gimp 2.2 and am trying to open a button. But its in dds format. So are you using dds converter to use in gimp? Appreciate the help. Love the buttons youve done in TAM.

Hi, a few icons I need, this is for my personal mod, so feel free to put them at the very bottom of your priorities list, but if you do have the spare time I was wondering if you could make buttons for Bush , Harper and Yudhoyono .

I thought rockinroger wasn't a noob, there's something to add to the Gimp in order to do the DDS things. Ah, I remenber, it's a plug-in.

EDIT: someone has crossposted me requesting buttons. So, here's two out three :

Here's the full bundle of buttons that were requested by Chazcon.

Hope you like them!

Attachments

• ChazButtons.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 100
Thank you, Laurino, very much! These are great - especially the Hussar and Cuirassier buttons - now if I only had units with those actual uniforms...someday, someday...

I use the gimp, qith an added .dds plugin. There's also DxtW who would do the job...

Top Bottom