Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.
A mod about Napoleon.
this would be so great
Please, just a mod where all the Tech is already researched, including the Future Era
I would like a mod where future tech gives you more than just points. I have always hated reaching future tech and just watching helplessly as my technology advantage just melts away. Also, my empire continues to grow and I have no new ways to deal with the expenses and happiness.
I would like to see each time future tech is researched give you a choice from the following list:
- add 1 gold to each city
- add 1 production to each city
- add 1 culture to each city
- add 1 food to each city
- add 1 science to each city
- add 1 happiness to each city
- (x) promotion automatically given to all units that have access to it including units built in the future. This would be best if it could use the promotion tree so the promos have to be selected in order. This would allow your advanced technology to make your units more powerful than another civ who has not researched any future tech but has the same units as you.
If I could do this by just using XML I would, but I think this would require LUA and someone with programming knowledge if it is even possible at all.
i would like to see some more political option, and aa mod to do something about the ugly road connection, knwo when you want to create a t-split or inner section. the look wierd now.
ow and city graphic's are horrible
as suggest above:
i want religion back and please please come with more tile improvements, and border expansion is a good idea but aleast grow with 2 tile at a time instead of 1 tile.
I would like to see a mod that helps balance gamespeed with AI and tech progress. The AI is weak, and sadly the higher difficulty levels don't really make it any tougher, they just give insane bonuses, which isn't fun to me and doesn't provide a fair challenge.
I just started a Marathon game, using the Economy and Pace mods to slow down tech progression. Starting techs would take me over 50 turns...great! Less than 20 turns in, and I got a 'Most Literate People' pop-up...I am on the bottom since I haven't gotten a tech yet. The top civs have 5 techs. 5! Everyone else has 3-4.
Really kills the fun of a Marathon game. What is the point in having more time with my cool UUs if the enemy has units that are an era ahead already?
Really tragic that Firaxis created such a pitiful AI and had to rely on bonuses so much. You would think that the 5th version (in the main series) of the game would be about refining and improving.
So yes, I would vote for a mod that allows for longer, slower gameplay without making the AI have insane tech bonuses...as much as I hate any AI bonus beyond smarts, I can handle production and development bonuses...but tech just kills the entire point of a slower game.
How about someone just makes Civ 4, but with the lovely new graphics, city states, 1 UPT and hexes? I'm sure it would be quite popular, heh.
A mod that allows players and AI to pick their civilization after game start. With the addition of such specialized abilities, you inevitably run into situations where a civ is put in a very unlikely spot. E.g. Iroquois starting in the desert, England beginning landlocked, etc. Maybe integrated into a prehistoric mod so extremely early UUs won't be missed.
How about an update to the uranium resource graphics to make uranium brownish-yellow and not glowing. The glowing green rocks really kill me and perpetuates a myth about uranium/radioactivity.
I'd love a mod to make planes far more useful.
- Bombers and especially stealth bombers should do far more damage to cities, at least as much as artillery and rocket artillery. Bombers should also do far more damage to non armored units.
- Planes should be able to heal while based in a city, rather than only on carriers.
- Non anti aircraft units shouldn't be able to damage planes during attack runs, the fact that my crossbow men can safely attack a squadron of riflemen but my jet plane cannot is insane.
- Anti aircraft units should do far more damage to planes, AA guns should basically one shot fighters and bombers, mobile SAMs should basically one shot jet fighters and stealth bombers.
- Sweep actions shouldn't take damage for sweeping, they're already using their entire action to negate a single AA unit, that's a harsh enough penalty.
- Planes that do enough damage to kill a city should be given the option to raze it (not capture it)
- Plane sight range should = their attack range
- AI needs encouragement to build air units. I've never seen the AI build any air unit other than guided missiles.
I wish if there was mod covering 18th century.
Is it possible to have units have different stats or bonuses based on their formation. So for example, musketmen in a square would fight better against horses and worse against musketmen in a line formation.
dunno if anyone capable is ever going to read this, but id really like to see a maintenance/economy/building based civ added. like a civ trait with -x maintenance for buildings/roads and some hammer or financial bonus giving ub.
searching through the available mods i havent found something that really goes that way yet.
You might want to take a look at my mod thread, I'm working on something similar to what you're talking about..
I do not know too much about modding so im not sure if this is possible, but it would be really awesome to have a colony mod. By that i mean that you can build colonies, which dont count as actual cities, don't add to teh culture threshold, cant grow too big can can only build no / only a couple buildings, but would be perfect to snatch resources, like that 2 uranium, near which you really do not wanna build a city just for that. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like this, some civ had it already (was it Call to Power?).
Don't think it was CtP; methinks CtP was more known for its underwater and space cities.
Underwater and space cities...now THERE'S a mod!
Separate names with a comma.