• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Reseed!

It seems like in doing that the game runs fine now. I haven't tried using all the other mods I use though. I ran a standard map of PerfectWorld 3 with CivUP, GEM, Reseed!, and JuaJIT and I could play the game and everything.

However, when I tried to use Reseed! is when things went weird again. Quick quickly a error popped up, but when I tried to take a screenshot of it a windows error popped up basically saying that Civ5 has crashed/shut down. So I guess I would have to do the error again and copy it by hand and repeat that with text on here if you wanted to know more.

If an error appeared, then it should be in the log, even if there is a crash after that. The thing with crashes is just that they're not related to lua errors themselves, therefore the log usually has nothing of interest.
At least we see some progress now. ^^

One error after the other...

Ok, still an error of my own: the table.pack syntax is only supported in lua 5.2 and above, while civ5 uses 5.1.

So please, in MT_LuaLogger.lua, line 42, change the line as follow: local arg = {...}

Did so and went farther than before when Reseeding. Map came out fine and I didn't get an error when I did Reseed. Unfortunately, I got the "game never loads" problem again. It looks like it Reseeded fine but when I got to the loading screen it never stopped loading, after 10 minutes of nothing I alt+tabbed to find that Civ5 wasn't responding.

CivUP, GEM, Reseed!, and LuaJIT for mods and PerfectWorld 3 Standard map once more incase it changes anything.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    7.9 KB · Views: 77
Instead of loading forever it simply crashed shortly after getting to the loading screen. Also forgot to add again, when I use Reseed! I use the Safest option.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    7.5 KB · Views: 78
Well, I do have good and bad news.

The good news: there ain't any lua error left.
The bad news: there ain't any lua error left, everything is correct, yet civ5 crashes because of some bug inside of its engines only known.

And at that point there is nothing left I can do: there is no problem in Reseed's code. I could try to change things at random (literally) and see if civ5 suddenly likes that better but it would be an absurd, stupid and vain chase. I think you're encountering that random bug that makes civ5 crashes anytime you reload in-game : it is triggered as you add mods but any mod can trigger it afaik, not just IGE and Reseed, and it is not fixable anyway.

Sorry but at that point, the only thing that I can suggest are:
* Send those stupid crash reports to MS and Firaxis/2kgames
* Try to unistall every mod, delete the cache, mods and downloads folder within civ5's directory, then restart civ5 and wait patiently without doing anything on the mods page while civ5 downloads everything again.

I can't express my frustration : periodically an user reports that same unfixable problem with both Reseed and IGE, and there is just nothing I can do about it. Aside, maybe, of asking you after reseeding whether you want to reload right now or go back to the main menu to reload it manually from there.

After the trouble you went so far, I am sorry to be unable to help you. I can only thank you for your patience.

Hell, I'm just happy that you stuck with me through this. I appreciate you going through and trying to see what the issue was, it sucks that it can't be fixed but as far as I can tell it's only with the PerfectWorld 3 map. Everything else seems fine.

I want to ask you though, should I keep everything as it is now or go back to Reseed! ver. 10 and the unmodified CivUP files?

So...
* You should keep the modifications on CivUP: they're necessary if you want to use it with LuaJIT, otherwise you will encounter more bugs. Even if you do not use LuaJIT any longer they do not harm, so why bother?

* Regarding Reseed, I suggest to go back to v10: I will revert the changes made so far for v11 since they do not help and may actually create troubles with other mods or map scripts.

Sorry to bring this up again DonQuiche, but I have a question.

It turns out that the latest Steam version of CivUP isn't the latest on here. I found that out when I had the problem on this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487234
I did the fix on the thread but I'd like to ask something.

So what I'm asking is when I change to the more up to date version of CivUP through here, would anything be different from when I changed things from earlier or would they be the same and I could change them without having to worry about breaking the game?

Well, provided the files are still the same (and they should be), you can safely repeat the same changes. If the files did change however, then I would need to examine them one by one to be sure. If you are unsure about one of them, do not hesitate to ask me.

Actually, it might be the same thing. I put in the new version from here to test it and no update came up. Then I checked the MODS folder and there was no change except that the file I put in is gone.

I guess the Wat Phra Kaew bug wasn't added on Steam or something. Odd.

@Blkbird
As far as I know, it is already compatible. No one reported a single bug.

@Crimson13
Sorry for forgetting you at that time. Do you still get those problems since the last patch?

But the users on Steam said it works. So what should I update? New features? But dig sites are just terrain features, artifacts are just resources, etc ; all of that is natively supported. So what should I do ? Add a grand "BNW" flashy logo to claim how it has been greatly "updated" for BNW?

To be honest there may be a problem with a few things that may not be reset (is tourism recalculated after buildings are destroyed?) although I did not hear about it (yet ?). But even in such a case, Firaxis did not provide any API to reset them, so the best I will be able to do will be to add an error message to tell you that X and Y won't be reset.

So Reseed *is* up-to-date for BNW, unless someone shows me a problem. At most I expect to have one or two error messages to add.

Top Bottom