• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Reseed!

Oh! ^^
IGE does need an update, there are already three confirmed bugs. Regarding new features, well, if you give a look at this list you will see that there are very few setXYZ/changeXYZ functions anyway. Seems like the only thing I will be able to do willl be to add a "free tenets" numeric box.

Here is the beta for BNW. ideologies and tenets are correctly reset, I only had to add a message about some spots that will never be able to have an archeo site (not sure it is true).

Attachments

• Reseed! (v 10 - beta).zip
    317.8 KB · Views: 75
And here is a fix for the starting units of the Shosone: Firaxis did use a built-in hack rather than relying on the standard data mechanics.

Attachments

• Reseed! (v 10 - beta 2).zip
    317.9 KB · Views: 154
V10 has been released

• BNW: The Shoshone civilization is now correctly provided their scout unit instead of warriors.
  • BNW: New warning about archeology sites that cannot be reset.
  • Now compatible with the Communitas map script (and others?).

Civ V crash after reseed with Communitas map and CEP.

CM 1.2.2
CEP 3.2.1
Reseed V10

It seems to work ok with the preview although its a lot slower than normal. But Restart with preview map crashes and trying to load the reseed save crashes too.

@Jadel
On some computers with some mods, civ5 crashes when you reload in-game. But this is a civ5 problem, not specific to Reseed, and no modder can fix this. Do not expect a fix from Firaxis, it won't come. So just randomly remove mods until it works but do not blame those mods.

Thank you Crimson13, this bug happens when calling CalculateYield on a tile without a proper terrain type. I added a check for this edge case.

Can you confirm that this bug only casually happens please? Otherwise I would need to push a new official release.

Attachments

• Reseed! (v 11 - beta1).zip
    317.9 KB · Views: 64
I insist: what you showed to me is not an error from the v11, it is from the v10.

* Did you have the two versions installed together? Then even if you only enable v11, v10 may conflict with it, this is a civ5 bug (never have two versions of a mod).

* Do you only have one? Then open RSD_overrides.lua in a text editor (notepad for example) and check line 104.
** v11: if terrain then
** v10: local sum = terrain.yields[value] or 0

* Did you upload the wrong screenshot? Since this one is the same as the previous one.

Sorry about that. There are 2 ways to get screen shots for Civ5 apparently and I think I got them confused. I did have v11 enabled and v10 disabled, so I took out v10. I still got an error though.

Here's what I have for the lines in RSD_overrides:

if terrain then
local sum = terrain.yields[value] or 0

And here are the separate screenshots.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/HellsBells13/Civ5Screen0003_zps7c984eab.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/user/HellsBells13/media/2013-08-16_00001_zps817475c9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I'm using the Aug. 5 one actually. It went better than before, however this time it did crash. It went all the way to the civ loading screen and then crashed. Here's the lua.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    31.2 KB · Views: 66
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce any of the problems you described, so the best I can do is to provide you a version that will stop after the crash and display an informative error for me (I will need either a lua log or a screenshot, as you prefer). So far I tried to deal with the wrong terrain type that was passed to Reseed but I guess I need to see why you do have a wrong terrain type instead.

A few important questions please:
  • Can you reload the __reseed savegame from the main menu? Because it could just be the usual "crash when reloading in-game" bug.
  • We're talking about this version and download location, aren't we?
  • What are your map settings?
  • Does the problem happen every time, or only once in a while?

Attachments

• Reseed! (v 11 - test0).zip
    318 KB · Views: 83

Attachments

• Lua (2).rar
    8.4 KB · Views: 78
@Crimson
Well, it seems like you used the wrong mod again. ^^
I will try the Steam version and see if I can reproduce your problems.

EDIT: Just tried the Steam and there was no problem. I guess there is anothed mod involved (something that alters the map generation, or add new map elements such as resources or natural wonders). If you can figure out which one, it would much easier if I could reproduce your problem.

PS: I tried with both BNW and G&K, does it match your own config?

Not to argue, but just to make sure that didn't happen again I got rid of Reseed! v10 and the others I tried just incase I screwed up and did the wrong one again before I used Reseed! (v 11 - test0). Even deleted Reseed! (v 11 - test0) from the MODS folder and downloaded it again to be sure.

Edit: Okay, here's an odd one. I guess I did have a v10 of Reseed!, although it wasn't named that nor was it listed in the in-game mods choices. I could only find it in the MODS folder and it's name was 'c55e0532-76e2-4edb-b7fb-e101843b7aeb (v 10)'. I...honestly have no idea on how that happened. Very weird. Deleted the Hell out of that one.

As for issues with it adding resources and the like the only mod that I use that does that it is More Luxuries and I made sure to disable it before trying out the Reseed! versions. Although to be honest I didn't remove it from the MODS folder just in case so let me try that and see if somehow that was the problem.

Edit: Actually, I also have Gibraltar and Reef Optimizations, Krakatoa Fix, and Lake Victoria Fix. However even after disabling and taking them out it still didn't help. And those all worked fine before.

I use both BNW & G&K.

Edit: With all that out of the way I tried again, and so far so good except that now it forever loads at the civ loading screen and according to the Windows Task Manager it's not responding. Trying to load the 'reseed' save gives the same problem.

Top Bottom