RESOLVED: I AM DUMB Building Yield Science

Blitzconfusion

Chieftain
Long time since the last post, I know.
I have, as I am used to, started to bend details of Civilization V to my will in order to meet my arbitrary definition of balance.
Beliefs? No problems. Units? No problems. Policies? No problems.

But there is one single detail that just refuses co-operation.

I intended to make it so that Professional Army gives bonus Science yield from Barracks, Armory and Military Academy. I copied the code for such from Mercantilism.

However, I quickly noticed that the values I give do not actually matter, the game itself insists it is always +2 Science no matter what (aside from the Policy text itself, which works with changing the text string just fine).

+1/+2/+3 Science? All give 2 (both in city and as shown on technology tree)
All +3? All give +2.
All +2? All give +2.
All +1? All still give +2 (so it is not some arbitrary upper limit)
All +0? Believe or not, all still give +2.

I also first tried setting it into whatever, and then using update command. All is still +2 Science yield for Barracks, Armory and Military Academy.

Offending piece of XML:
<Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>
<Row>
<PolicyType>POLICY_PROFESSIONAL_ARMY</PolicyType>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_BARRACKS</BuildingClassType>
<YieldType>YIELD_SCIENCE</YieldType>
<YieldChange>3</YieldChange>
</Row>
<Row>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_ARMORY</BuildingClassType>
</Row>
<Row>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_MILITARY_ACADEMY</BuildingClassType>
</Row>
</Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>

So: What sorcery do I need to perform to bend the game to my will and stop giving exactly and only exactly 2 science bonus yield from these Buildings if I try to make it give any non-Null value? Is there some other piece of XML I need to override first?

PS: I am pretty sure it is nothing else I put into the yieldchanges, since the only other thing there is a later addition and, as far as I can tell, formatted correctly:
<Update>
<Where PolicyType"POLICY_MERCANTILISM" BuildingClassType="BUILDINGCLASS_MINT" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE" />
<Set YieldChange="2" />
</Update>

So, see how I claimed the Update can not be the culprit? Well, it would help if the first search criteria was not missing an equal sign. Looked at about all else but it.
Issue resolved: problem located between the monitor and the chair.

Top Bottom