Resource Barter Office: 1220 A.D. Report - Extort Another Island for Fun and Profit

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
[pre]Resource Barter Office of the Ministry of Trade
Report Compiled for 1220 A.D. by Deputy Minister Octavian X

Active Deals
We Offer... They offer...
France
(16 turns remian) Gems 52gpt
(01 turns remain) 45gpt

China
(04 turns remian) Ivory
Incense
53gpt
(16 turns remain) Silks 13gpt

America
(09 turns remain) 1gpt

Potention Deals
We Offer... They offer...
America
Peace Treaty, Silks, Gems, 620g Peace Treaty, Dyes

Azteca
Peace Treaty, Silks, Gems, 520g Peace Treaty, Spices

Russia
Peace Treaty, Silks, Gems, 420g Peace Treaty, Spices

China
Gems WM, 11gpt, 84g

Note: The first column represents what our nation would offer,
and the second what our rival would offer. Comma denote areas where
multiple items are needed for one deal, while slashes denote that
several items would garner the same result from our prospective
trading partners.
[/pre]
The Deputy Minsiter's Recommendations

The nation is, for the moment, sold out. If we want to make a little money, we could sell Gems to China, but I recommend agaisnt it. Our deals to export Ivory and Incense to China ends soon, and we could make a tidier profit, I think, if we waited until they did. :)

The only other viable deals left on the table involve a little bit of my favorite diplomatic manuver: extorsion :D. The deals are there, but again, given that we're in no hurry to get an extra lux, or another rep hit for that matter, I'd recommend a no there as well.

That basically means that the only thing on the RBO's plate is some deal renegotiation in four turns when our deals with China end. Then, we jump on the oppertunity to through gems in the pot in order to move some dough from Chinese coffers to ours!

Perhaps the Russia deal - it's cheaper than the Aztecs, however, I don't like how we have to pay - we have enough luxuries right now, I think, as most of our cities are very happy, so we could spend 420 gold on something else.

For now: nothing.

In 4 turns with China: now you're talking! :)

Agreed. I wopuld rather not do anything that involves "Renegotiating".

As for 7th and 8th luxes, I'd say no to that too, because our 5th and 6th Luxes expire in 4, making those luxes 5th again, possibly yielding a better deal.

Umm, sorry for asking an assinine question, but are these Civ III or PTW trades?

classical_hero said:
they are for CivIII.

Thanks.

I'm against any of the potential deals listed above. Selling techs is where the gold is. We can import luxuries without spending gold if we tie them in with tech sales.

Let's save our gold for upgrading our military and improving our cities.

Potential deals are not good enough and we are not so desperate for luxuries. We will be probably be able to trade obsolete techs for luxuries (and gold) to backwards civilization so it would be better to wait for better deals.

Top Bottom