Resource icons and automation

Ibian

King
New resource icons were included with the Revolution mod. Is there any way to turn them off? I saw nothing about them in the readmes and they are quite jarring when i'm so used to the old ones, and frankly i don't like them.

Secondly, is there a way to automate just the military units? I'm a "big picture" player, so being able to let my generals deal with war would be nice.

Besides that, looks like quite a good mod. But the resource icons have got to be fixed.

Hmm, I don't know about resource icon changes ... maybe they came with BUG? Anyone else know about this?

I tried in the past to get a mode to AIAutoPlay where the AI would handle unit movement for you, but never got very far. There's a fundamental issue which means this won't work very well without a lot of work ... if you build the units, they will all get their default UNITAI type instead of having the normal variation the AI chooses when building units. Because of this the normal AI unit movement logic will do stupid things, like sit on huge stacks of riflemen and never attack. It would be nice to have this feature, but it doesn't exist.

I don't like it either and cut it from LoR's art. Do you guys want for us to remove that resource art file from RevDCM, and revert the icons to default BtS?

One more oddity i noticed. The advisor menus have changed, and most of them have a checkbox that lets you turn them back to normal.

The only change to the F3 menu is a different and more annoying layout as far as i can tell, but unlike the other advisors it doesn't seem to have a checkbox to turn it off. Not really a problem since it's just cosmetic and probably belongs under BUG anyway, but figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

I don't like it either and cut it from LoR's art. Do you guys want for us to remove that resource art file from RevDCM, and revert the icons to default BtS?

Yes, please! It would be greatly appreciated as I find the new art quite frustrating. Many of the icons are difficult to distinguish and for several it is difficult to discern what exactly the icon represents. The whole point of turning on icons is it is supposed to make resources EASIER to see.

Top Bottom