Pomegranates.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Diamond.jpg
    Diamond.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,636
  • Cranberries.jpg
    Cranberries.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,188
I'd be happy to post some, but I don't know how. I have some more reskins ready: Ginger, Cinnamon, Orange, Grapes and Peach. The grapes used to be berries, the orange used to be cacao and the cinnamon used to be coffee, all three made by Horem.

Edit: Last two screenshots, ran out of room above.

Thanks, I'll try to post some screenshots once I've finished making the last currently planned ones. I've created a file in the downloads database, since I adopted some of the resources from you, should I list you as an author?

I'm currently working on Pomegranates, Cranberries, Raspberries and Diamonds and will try to post those later today.

I would like to change it to Resource Reskins. Thank you, I'm still a beginner but I'm having a lot of fun redesigning the resources (allthough as I stated above, the grapes, orange and cinnamon resource art was originally made by Horem as other resources, so I can't take credit for the creation of those three, I just repurposed them).

Awsome!

Use the IMG(the mountain looking image) Tags and copy shortcut(to attached image) so you can link them to your OP.

Four more resources added. Not 100 percent sure how to move the screenshots without things becoming really messy.

Thread name changed :).

Four more resources added. Not 100 percent sure how to move the screenshots without things becoming really messy.

What I would do if I were you is edit the second post in the thread. Currently, it's a post asking for a thread name change, so it's redundant; you could simply use it to display all the reskins.

Thank you for your help!

Update: Diamond now looks less like salt and has a grayish white tone.

Update: Fixed a bug with Peach and did a minor tweak with Diamond.

Really good reskins (I'll probably use a couple of these in Anno Domini). By the way, if you do want to change the name of the thread, let me know what you want to change it to and I'll sort it out.

You are more than welcome to use whichever reskins you want (as long as credit goes where it should), I'm really happy that people like them and want to use them. Speaking of credit, did I credit properly on the two mods I uploaded? I don't want to accidently steal someones work.

Update: Minor art tweaks

This is an excellent job you are doing. Congrats to Skaz, Horem, and Barathor.

...I am using Civ 5 vanilla right now, it is connected to Steam, which is not what I wanted, so I did not get the expansion packs,...maybe later.

Currently I am making some maps in the WorldBuilder but, before I continue, I have some questions,

Barathor has added Tin and Ebony resources but I have no clue as to which directory to place these in as they do not work when placed into the Mods directory, will you be planning on adding these as well?

Are you adding them directly to the mods folder? Because from what I understand they (and mine) are just the art files, they don't have any Art Defines with them and they need a modinfo file to be used in game. As for adding Ebony and Tin, I'm not sure, I think Barathor mentioned that he might put them back in in a later update. I may fuss around with these later to give them defines and a modinfo file, I just don't know how to make them generate on the map (I figured modders could incorporate them into their own resource mods).

my apologies, I now understand that these are just the art files and have no modinfo or Art Definition files that describes the folder locations for the artwork or how to incorporate them into the game.

I am still trying to figure out the modbuddy tool that comes with the WorldBuilder package,...[not included with disc-argh!-have to download and install with Steam-argh!-must tell it where everything is-double argh!]

There is a Resource_Expansion_Packs (v 9) found on the Steam Workshop that uses your artwork and includes Horem's, Barathor's, and Glacierheart's artwork. It generates the resources onto random maps and also enables them to be placed with the custom WorldBuilder maps but, it is either not yet fully functional or, it doesn't know where to find the artwork files.

Some of the resources do not show up in the game, but they can still be improved by the workers and the "invisible" resources do add production/gold/happiness values to the cities. Also, when placed on a map in the WorldBuilder, some of the resources show up as either, a white circle or, a red and grey checkered box on the map hex.

Again, I am still trying to figure out the modbuddy using the tutorials found on this site. Sadly, the tutorials are also incomplete or out-of-date.

Top Bottom