resources in the trading screen

Takeo

Shogun
i have a game going where im on an island with the byzantines and have explored the entire island. the byzantines have no local iron(used control/shift n to make sure) but have pikeman in most of their cities. they obviously traded for it, but how do i know if they still have it? when i go into the trading screen with them, it does not say they have iron. so, do resources that are traded to an ai show up in the trading screen or not? or has this deal probably expired?

Takeo said:
i have a game going where im on an island with the byzantines and have explored the entire island. the byzantines have no local iron(used control/shift n to make sure) but have pikeman in most of their cities. they obviously traded for it, but how do i know if they still have it? when i go into the trading screen with them, it does not say they have iron. so, do resources that are traded to an ai show up in the trading screen or not? or has this deal probably expired?

You need to spend some money to investigate their city. it would be much cheaper If you investigate one of their remote town that has road connecting to their capitol.

If you have iron, you can check whether you can sell it to them. Otherwise, check the active trades (you need an embassy for this, IIRC). Depending on the situation, you may be able to conjecture what they may be buying or selling. Otherwise, just use investigation.

ok lets see ... if you and they both have iron you will not see it in the trade window. if neither of you have it you again will not see it. if you have it but they dont then you will see it on your side. perhaps it will say "(0) extra" or something. the fact that you have a choice to trade away your only source means they definitely do not have it. if you dont have it but they do have it then it will show under their side as having "(0) extra" or "(1) extra" or something. all this is true whether or not you have a road from your capital to theirs although if you do not then any such entry would be greyed out.

Presumably it is also true that if they are importing iron, and you do not have it at all, it will not show up on their side of the bargain screen, even as a "(0) extra".
I've always thought it a bit of a shame that you couldn't buy resources from one civ and sell them on to another, or buy multiple instances of a resource. I suppose these limits cut down on the human's opportunities to scam the AI.

Top Bottom