Restricing myself to the Renaissance era.

Immortal Ace

Prince
I want to restrict CIV4 to the Renaissance era but allowing myself to progress all the way to the end of the tech tree. I know how to disable post-Renaissance units by editing the "CIV4UnitInfos" file (Simply deleting whatever unit disables them from being able to be built in game); however, I want to know how to disable the city appearances from shifting from Renaissance style to industrial style, then modern style, and lastly "future" style which is identical to modern style.

For example, even when I progress into the industrial era via technology, the art styles of my civilization and the rest of the world don't update to industrial art style for the cities but rather staying as Renaissance.

My reasoning is that I hate the Industrial and Modern eras. I dislike war completely in those eras even though industrial era wars are more tolerable than modern era wars which I completely loathe. The game no longer become any fun in those two eras.

Can anyone help me out?

Ok, so far I've removed:

Infantry
Mechanized Infantry
Paratrooper
Marine
Navy SEAL
SAM Infantry
Mobile SAM
Artillery
Mobile Artillery
Destroyer
Stealth Destroyer
Battleship
Missile Cruiser
Submarine
Attack Submarine
Carrier
Ironclad
Transporp
Airship
Fighter
Jet Fighter
Bomber
Stealth Bomber
Tank
Panzer
Modern Armor
Gunship

However, I can't seem to locate Anti-Tank to remove them.

Also, does anyone have any clue how to keep Advanced Flight from making stables obsolete and Scientific Method making Monasteries obsolete?

1. To prevent the graphics for changing to the Industrial -> Modern -> Future style sets (which I agree always look terrible compared to the Renaissance style buildings and roads), simply trick the game into thinking it never gets to those eras. Do this by modifying CIV4TechInfos.xml, replace any instances of ERA_INDUSTRIAL, ERA_MODERN, ERA_FUTURE with ERA_RENAISSANCE... this will make it so you can research all the techs but won't actually change graphics past renaissance style.

2. Anti-Tank infantry is in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml under the name UNIT_AT_INFANTRY

3. To prevent Stables from going obsolete, edit CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, search for BUILDING_STABLE, and you'll see in there a key/value of "<ObsoleteTech>TECH_ADVANCED_FLIGHT</ObsoleteTech>", change this to NONE

4. To prevent Monasteries from going obsolete, edit CIV4SpecialBuildingsInfo.xml and near the bottom you should find the tags for SPECIALBUILDING_MONASTERY, change "<ObsoleteTech>TECH_SCIENTIFIC_METHOD</ObsoleteTech>" to NONE

Hope that helps.

1. To prevent the graphics for changing to the Industrial -> Modern -> Future style sets (which I agree always look terrible compared to the Renaissance style buildings and roads), simply trick the game into thinking it never gets to those eras. Do this by modifying CIV4TechInfos.xml, replace any instances of ERA_INDUSTRIAL, ERA_MODERN, ERA_FUTURE with ERA_RENAISSANCE... this will make it so you can research all the techs but won't actually change graphics past renaissance style.

2. Anti-Tank infantry is in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml under the name UNIT_AT_INFANTRY

3. To prevent Stables from going obsolete, edit CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, search for BUILDING_STABLE, and you'll see in there a key/value of "<ObsoleteTech>TECH_ADVANCED_FLIGHT</ObsoleteTech>", change this to NONE

4. To prevent Monasteries from going obsolete, edit CIV4SpecialBuildingsInfo.xml and near the bottom you should find the tags for SPECIALBUILDING_MONASTERY, change "<ObsoleteTech>TECH_SCIENTIFIC_METHOD</ObsoleteTech>" to NONE

Hope that helps.

Thank you dude! Awesome.

Top Bottom