Returning the city view

Sisyphus192

Chieftain
I was greatly disapionted when the conquests expansion removed the city view not just for the conqeust scenarios (which I was fine with) but also for custom maps that didnt even posses the new art that caused them to remove it in the first place.
If anybody knows how to get the city view back for scenario maps (probably through editing something) that would be great.

Can't be done.

:cry: bwaaahaaahaaah

I still can't get over this. The reason it can't be done is because the graphics for the new buildings don't exist, right? How about if someone would want to make some graphics (not me, I can't even draw a stick figure), would it be possible then? If yes, come on great graphics guys, you can do it! ;)

IIRC it is hardcoded into the game, so it can't be changed.

I don't really care, as the city view isn't really necessary. I haven't used it in over 2 years.

Lord Valentine said:
:cry: bwaaahaaahaaah

I still can't get over this. The reason it can't be done is because the graphics for the new buildings don't exist, right? How about if someone would want to make some graphics (not me, I can't even draw a stick figure), would it be possible then? If yes, come on great graphics guys, you can do it! ;)

That's not the problem. The problem is that the screen was hard-coded to only work with so many graphics and they added buildings to the list. At the time the programming budget wasn't enough to fix this screen with the higher priority changes that had to get in.

Top Bottom