Reuploaded Civ MegaPack V2 Updated for SVN 11168

I don't know when the game decides it's going to check for duplicate colors and reset colors in-game so I couldn't tell you how all of that would affect a game in progress. The Pedia also often looks at the game in progress or even the game last in progress, to give you info based on that last setup rather than necessarily core information.

There's a lot of ways things could be happening here but... is any of this actually important to really clear up for any reason?
Yes and no.
No, because the issue in question is more or less stupid and irrelevant.
Yes, because you never know what else might crop up in the future in the same manner

Installing the modpack, which overwrites some of the SVN modular civs, including Israel.

Are you sure this is my civ pack you're using? This civ pack does not have Israel in it at all. So Israel shouldn't be getting overwritten.

I'm starting to believe that you actually downloaded the much older Sparth civ pack (the predecessor to this one) from his thread and not this exact thread. I know in the older pack Israel was in fact a nation included because C2C did not have it in the main mod yet. One of the major changes between the older pack and this is that nations that are now included with base C2C have been removed.

So it sounds to me like you downloaded the older one by mistake, it overwrote the files of the vanilla Israel, then when you overwrote that with the vanilla it left an extra color defines file. The SVN only detects if a file if it was a vanilla one that was altered, yet it does not recognize if there is an extra file so it would still show up with a green checkmark.

Are you sure this is my civ pack you're using? This civ pack does not have Israel in it at all. So Israel shouldn't be getting overwritten.

I'm starting to believe that you actually downloaded the much older Sparth civ pack (the predecessor to this one) from his thread and not this exact thread. I know in the older pack Israel was in fact a nation included because C2C did not have it in the main mod yet. One of the major changes between the older pack and this is that nations that are now included with base C2C have been removed.

So it sounds to me like you downloaded the older one by mistake, it overwrote the files of the vanilla Israel, then when you overwrote that with the vanilla it left an extra color defines file. The SVN only detects if a file if it was a vanilla one that was altered, yet it does not recognize if there is an extra file so it would still show up with a green checkmark.
1. You are right, though it's very strange. I now re-downloaded "Full Civ Pack V2.zip", and there is NO Israel in it.
2. No, when I say I "overwrote it", I mean that I deleted the folders of those older civs (there's just a few of them, not hard to do), then copied the same ones from SVN. So it literally erased ANY new files that would've cropped up from anywhere.
3. Gonna try it now, again, and we shall see.

Here we go again...

OK, tested.
The three civs that get affected on the map are:
1. Israel - was BLUE, goes WHITE.
2. Aborigens - was RED, goes WHITE.
3. Brasil - was kinda-YELLOW, goes WHITE.
None of which are (like I said) present in the modpack.

Also, important:
It asked me to RECALCULATE ASSETS between loading WITH and WITHOUT the modpack (the save was unchanged, and I didn't alter any other files).
So it kinda really proves that the ongoing game DOES get affected by Assets that aren't directly used ON the map.
Might or might not be related to Derivative civs, but I'm too annoyed to continue looking into it right now.
By the way, what do THOSE do, cause maybe that IS the cause?

No, when I say I "overwrote it", I mean that I deleted the folders of those older civs (there's just a few of them, not hard to do), then copied the same ones from SVN. So it literally erased ANY new files that would've cropped up from anywhere.

Which specific files did it overwrite?

I hope you didn't revert the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml back to it's SVN version, because without the new loading controls file, none of the civs from this pack will load properly.

Which specific files did it overwrite?

I hope you didn't revert the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml back to it's SVN version, because without the new loading controls file, none of the civs from this pack will load properly.
No.
I literally re-Exported the entire Assets folder (as in, deleted it entirely and then wrote the SVN one in place of it).
Then loaded the save, recalculated, saved again, exited.
Then added the modpack civs to Custom_Civilizations, which overwrites Confederacy (and the loading list file, but that's trivial).
The loaded the same save again - and the first thing it immediately did WRONG, was to ask me to recalculate AGAIN.
Which is THE problem, since there is no Confederacy on that save map, and no other (present on the map) civs had their files altered whatsoever.
And no other changes to any other files ANYWHERE, besides the civs list (which is nothing but 0/1's, so it's irrelevant).
What SEEMS to be relevant, is the "Derivative" thing present in a lot of civs (didn't check exactly, but it is in some definitely).
So I guess that it's a case of AND/OR for "Derivative" and for Assets files being changed (in this case, by adding more civs to the roster).
Neither of which makes any sense for a save that shouldn't be affected by that whatsoever, period.

And no other changes to any other files ANYWHERE, besides the civs list (which is nothing but 0/1's, so it's irrelevant).

It's very relevent, you just reverted the civ list back to the SVN. That means you can't load any of the civ pack civs right now and it also means things will be wonky because the new civs are technically there but they have no zero or one value. Each civ that is in modules must have a zero or one entry to prevent glitches, by reverting it to the SVN you removed the entries for the modmod civs completely. Doing so can cause wonky things because the game sees the new civs but can't recognize whether they are loaded are not, hence each civ needs a zero or one value. Israel is located within the module folder and is given a value of one in order to be loaded, but because all these extra civs have been added but have no value the game gets confused and is probably messing with the civs in there that do have a value.

It's very relevent, you just reverted the civ list back to the SVN. That means you can't load any of the civ pack civs right now and it also means things will be wonky because the new civs are technically there but they have no zero or one value. Each civ that is in modules must have a zero or one entry to prevent glitches, by reverting it to the SVN you removed the entries for the modmod civs completely. Doing so can cause wonky things because the game sees the new civs but can't recognize whether they are loaded are not, hence each civ needs a zero or one value. Israel is located within the module folder and is given a value of one in order to be loaded, but because all these extra civs have been added but have no value the game gets confused and is probably messing with the civs in there that do have a value.
If MLF file is not present, then mod assumes, that it has to load everything in that folder, most likely in alphabetic order.

If MLF file is not present, then mod assumes, that it has to load everything in that folder.

Yes, but what if it is present but doesn't have some entries for some civs but entries for other civs? It would only load the one's that have entries correct?

In other words he has all the extra civs added into modules but has an MLF that only has the SVN civs on them.

which is nothing but 0/1's, so it's irrelevant
lol. I mean seriously... I'm not sure what all else has been said here but could any statement be more diametrically opposite from the truth in such a profound, direct, and general sense? The irony is stunningly deep. Sorry - my take on that comment isn't specifically about this thread or the discussion taking place...this just stood out as a thought that caused my jaw to drop.

Okay I downloaded the latest version of Pitt's map and changed Egypt to Israel like you said you did. And......... it's blue. Which means you must have loaded the civ pack incorrectly. Just to prove I have the civ pack the second image shows that I do in fact have the extra civs loaded.

20201201190745_1.jpg

20201201190818_1.jpg

lol. I mean seriously... I'm not sure what all else has been said here but could any statement be more diametrically opposite from the truth in such a profound, direct, and general sense? The irony is stunningly deep. Sorry - my take on that comment isn't specifically about this thread or the discussion taking place...this just stood out as a thought that caused my jaw to drop.
Huh???
This is what I'm talking about:
<Module>
<Directory>Civ_Name</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

What's so funny about it?
(Unless you tried to be snarky about some BIT of it, lol.)

Okay I downloaded the latest version of Pitt's map and changed Egypt to Israel like you said you did. And......... it's blue. Which means you must have loaded the civ pack incorrectly. Just to prove I have the civ pack the second image shows that I do in fact have the extra civs loaded.

View attachment 577057
View attachment 577058
Then what the CAKE is going on in MY folder?
Can you perhaps share a RAR of your Custom_Civilizations via https://easyupload.io/ (or any alternative)?
Also, the file I'm using is the one called "Full Civ Pack V2.zip" from the first post.
Should I be using some other one maybe?

Okay now I'll see if I can replicate the issue based on what I think it is.

So first I'm gonna create a backup of the MLF and put it on my desktop.
Screenshot (2).png

Next I will delete the MLF in the Custom_Civilizations folder and replace it by downloading the SVN version of the file.
Screenshot (4).png

After replacing the file the new one is green which means it is back to the SVN version.
Screenshot (5).png

Okay now I'll go back into C2C and load the Israel autosave on Pitt's map. That way we'll see if there is a color change.
20201201194339_1.jpg

And it looks like Israel has turned to a piss yellow.

Yep it seems I was correct. Remember your MLF should be RED not GREEN.

NEVER EVER make it GREEN again unless you want this color issue. In order to revert this, replace the MLF back with the one from this modmod and start a brand new game. DO NOT go back to the old save as you can see it is now corrupted and will be unable to revert to the original color.

Yep it seems I was correct. Remember your MLF should be RED not GREEN.
Check my previous posts above.
I literally mention the "0/1 file" as NOT being the issue.
Please, don't treat me like an utter idiot who can't understand what a list of loaded modules means.
So, no, NOT THAT.

One more point.
Yellow is actually the correct Egyptian color!
Interesting fluke, aha.

Oh, and the FLAG is actually "BLUE" as well.
So something IS affecting it.
Weird to the extreme.

Last edited:
Huh???
This is what I'm talking about:
<Module>
<Directory>Civ_Name</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

What's so funny about it?
(Unless you tried to be snarky about some BIT of it, lol.)
What's 1 and what's 0 is everything to do with whether the modular definition of that civ is in use or not. But more to the point, I'm laughing at anyone saying ANYTHING is JUST 0s and 1s so thus doesn't matter, when ALL computer processing is really JUST 0s and 1s. It wasn't about what you were talking about, it was how taking what you said outside of any boundary of perspective comes across.

What's 1 and what's 0 is everything to do with whether the modular definition of that civ is in use or not. But more to the point, I'm laughing at anyone saying ANYTHING is JUST 0s and 1s so thus doesn't matter, when ALL computer processing is really JUST 0s and 1s. It wasn't about what you were talking about, it was how taking what you said outside of any boundary of perspective comes across.
I figured that one myself immediately, don't worry.
Was just pulling your leg for not answering my actual point there, ya know.

Check my previous posts above.
I literally mention the "0/1 file" as NOT being the issue.
Please, don't treat me like an utter idiot who can't understand what a list of loaded modules means.
So, no, NOT THAT.

One more point.
Yellow is actually the correct Egyptian color!
Interesting fluke, aha.

Oh, and the FLAG is actually "BLUE" as well.
So something IS affecting it.
Weird to the extreme.

Please check the above post because I was only able to make the error happen after I changed the MLF to the SVN. So clearly it IS that.

How else was I able to turn it yellow but have it blue before I changed the MLF? If an MLF change caused a color change, then clearly it was changing the MLF back to it's SVN version that was the problem.

Please check the above post because I was only able to make the error happen after I changed the MLF to the SVN. So clearly it IS that.

How else was I able to turn it yellow but have it blue before I changed the MLF? If an MLF change caused a color change, then clearly it was changing the MLF back to it's SVN version that was the problem.
What part of "NOT WHAT I DID" did you miss there?
I did switch between the correct MLFs each time, so your experiment is NOT what happened to ME.
Still thanks for trying to help, of course.

Also curious as to why it turned YELLOW, as in the color that the "original" civ (Egypt) uses.
Though the flag was BLUE and still Israeli.
There's something very fishy here, lol.

Also curious as to why it turned YELLOW, as in the color that the "original" civ (Egypt) uses.
Though the flag was BLUE and still Israeli.
There's something very fishy here, lol.
I don't see what is fishy about this...
JoiJ21 had the correct/expected colours with this modmod installed on the UEM map, then he purposefully edited a file to try to get a different color on the israeli flag/border, so nothing is fishy about that.
If I delete all the python files I wouldn't call it fishy that the game was acting weird afterwards...
That it chose yellow is a coincidence, the code did not check what the name of the capital was (Alexandria) to decide what colour to use.

Top Bottom