RevCast Episode 10: "Rules of Thumb" (Part 2)

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Take experience for it. Regular co-host Joe "joebreeves" Reeves, interim regular co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick and first-time guest co-hosts "elthrasher" and "Grayson" return to head the second of a two-part installment of the series with the tenth episode of RevCast (RC) a podcast focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "Rules of Thumb" (Part 2) is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m45s | Topic #1
Multiplayer style and the same civilization more than once in a given game.
- 03m42s | Topic #2
General strategies for your first 10 turns: the 'functional' and 'foundational' 5; not founding on the first turn to move your initial Settler; offensive versus defensive positioning; scouting for your nearest neighbours, and early aggression and progression observations.
- 10m18s | Topic #3
The invaluable benefits of multiplayer experience; win/loss ratios; single player environment for experimentation, and competitive play between the two guests.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories.

Still going strong, eh? Good on you.

I can't believe i never tried MP in this game, I bet i'd found it great fun. I can't be arsed to jump in now though. Haven't played it in a ages.

Still going strong, eh? Good on you.
Yes, the show remains in active production and -- I believe -- continuing to improve. Thanks for the encouragment. :)

I can't believe i never tried MP in this game, I bet i'd found it great fun. I can't be arsed to jump in now though. Haven't played it in a ages.
As for myself, I play Civilization IV MP cooperatively on a weekly basis. I don't play CivRev MP myself (combination of my gaming being heavily based on the PC and owning the DS version of the latter).

Top Bottom