RFC: BtS Bug Reports

I was told to report in the bugs thread so here goes:

In my current Turkish game I own the Church of Nativity in jerusalem so I was quite surprised to get the message that the Germans built it as well (in Rome I guess). So now we have 2 churches according to the Wonder screen.

Sounds surprising. I tried to reproduce the bug on my own but it never happened

I have a save with the 2 churches built if you want it (World Wonder: -1 left), but I think you have a different version so its probably pointless.

I noticed a strange thing recently with the Coal tile in Belgium, a little to the NW of Paris. When I built a mine on this tile, on two occasions it then became a Watermill the following next turn. I was playing as Germany and had razed Amsterdam to refound as Bremen one tile to the east.

Anyone else seen this sort of thing happen before?

Also, why isn't this thread stickied at the top of the list?

For those not believing me about American UHV bug, see attachements :p

Attachments

• oil.JPG
    oil.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 129
  • F8.JPG
    F8.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 160
What's the bug? You've secured 10 oil resources as of 1986... the victory condition is to have those in 2000, so you still have some time to go.

the victory condition is to have those BY 2000, also as I have already reported, I played until the end of the game (2010), when I had 11 oil, and I won the space race.

as I can't test it, you should do it for me.
Get the file attached, place it in the python folder of the mod, and load the savegame.
Then, press ALT+B.
Open the log "C:\Documents and Settings\...\Documenti\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonDbg.log"
and post the last lines of content (where it says "i" and "iOil")

Attachments

• CvRFCEventHandler.rar
    9.8 KB · Views: 49
Gave India a try at Viceroy, since I've given up on attempting it at Monarch. Upon founding Islam, my fifth religion, the second victory condition fails.

Save is from the turn before, just need to end turn and get Divine Right as the free tech.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save, partially because I didn't know it was odd until reading prerequisites for the random events, but I seem to have a found an error related to Quests, which may have to do with the main game itself.

I was playing as Germany, and both the Master Blacksmith and Sports League events came up at the same time, which itself would be very odd, but it was well before any of the techs you're supposed to need for Sports League to happen. (This was before I had even conquered the Byzantines, so around 1100 AD, certainly nowhere near discovering the Modern Era techs you're supposed to need.) I suspect that somehow the Master Blacksmith event triggered the Sports League event to happen on the same turn.

Rhye, no PythonDbg.log file there. Should I activate some debugging option or something ?

Unfortunately, I don't have a save, partially because I didn't know it was odd until reading prerequisites for the random events, but I seem to have a found an error related to Quests, which may have to do with the main game itself.

I was playing as Germany, and both the Master Blacksmith and Sports League events came up at the same time, which itself would be very odd, but it was well before any of the techs you're supposed to need for Sports League to happen. (This was before I had even conquered the Byzantines, so around 1100 AD, certainly nowhere near discovering the Modern Era techs you're supposed to need.) I suspect that somehow the Master Blacksmith event triggered the Sports League event to happen on the same turn.

sports league is enabled by colosseums

looks like the game thinks I have 9 oil:

('i', 26)

('iOil', 9)

edit: odd, the turn after I acquired another oil resource from an offshore platform, and the debug still says 9 (city screen says 11).

nope, oil is all mine. And I have more than 2 from offshore platforms, so I really don't know why.

I'm playing as america but during the 1970s the game gets stuck! When I try to end a turn it just says waiting for other civilization.... and I can't do anything! Someone help!

Top Bottom