RFC: BtS info?

SkippyT

Who?
Hey,

I don't know where I might find info on it. I'm really exited to know many things, for example:
  • Can France make a colony in Indochina even though it's on the same landmass as Paris? It would be silly that they could make colonies in Madagascar but not in Vietnam or something just because Madagascar ain't on the same land mass as France.
  • What are the new UHVs and UPs?
  • Can the Maya move out of the jungle? :p

I dare say you will find out more when more people have it and start posting...

I reckon Mayan units will be able to move out of Jungle areas though, Jaguar warriors, workers, settlers, conquistadors, explorers, scouts and Elephants all currently can so I dont think the Mayans will miss out since they start in Jungle territory.

It will all appear on the Wiki after the full release is completed I should think.

Most of the information you asked for has already been posted elsewhere on this forum, Just search a bit and you'll find it

[*]Can France make a colony in Indochina even though it's on the same landmass as Paris? It would be silly that they could make colonies in Madagascar but not in Vietnam or something just because Madagascar ain't on the same land mass as France.

As far as i know, RFC doesn't use the same definition of "continent" of the normal game. In RFC England is in the same continent of Moscow and Paris, Europe ( therefor a wonder like Kremlin build in London will affect Paris ).

But i really don't know if this is applied to colonies too.

There are continents in RFC but are there space enough for vassals/colonies in every continent?

As far as i know, RFC doesn't use the same definition of "continent" of the normal game.

Yes I know he has splitted the large landmasses (America and EuroAsiaAfrica) into continents. BUT:

In RFC England is in the same continent of Moscow and Paris, Europe ( therefor a wonder like Kremlin build in London will affect Paris ).

Is that true? It would be great if it is.

If I play England or Japan, I avoid building wonders that are continent specific on the islands. I assumed they would have no effect except on the island.

For Japan for example: It would be great if a wonder built on any pacific island effected all pacific islands.

As far as i know this is the way it works. In the same way a Wonder build in Moscow will not have its effect past the Urals...

Oh man! XD But the statement of Russia, is true? i think i tested this one time =p

Yes, your thoughts on Russia would be true, as it crosses two land continents. Europe and Asia.

no, britain is still considered a different area from Europe

Japan is considered different from Asia, I assume.

Can France make a colony in Indochina even though it's on the same landmass as Paris? It would be silly that they could make colonies in Madagascar but not in Vietnam or something just because Madagascar ain't on the same land mass as France.
I'm 90% sure Rhye said that there would be no colonies in RFC. Not surprising considering the number of civs in the game and the fact that they can respawn.

1-the Russian statement is true but the line is not exactly in the Urali: it's pushed East

2-it's possible to give independence to cities, but they don't form a new vassal colony, because in RFC all the civ slots are already taken

Does that mean Russia builds colonies once it gets past Chelyabinsk?

The might nation of Kazhakstan is considered Asia and IIRC, the line runs close to it's borders.

Top Bottom