fixed Legionaries

fixed a bug causing large AI stacks to be stuck in place

overhauled mercenary system

more fixes and changes coming

svn 281

bulk trade no longer gives +1 trade routes on it's own

trade economy civic gives just 1 trade route, not the extra coastal one

tech trading enabled by writing

Start new game -> only Carthage spawn, instant game over.

Go menu and start a new game -> game crashes.

edit: this on the earliest scenario.

svn 282

nothing new, but maybe I did something wrong on the last one so I checked that everything is running properly on my end and updated again

Still turn 0 crash when running Classical World map 1 - 320BC.

edit: I opened 80BC scenario and only Rome and Mauretania exist, there are no cities west from Massilia. Rome does not have a capital and so on.

edit: austria does not have a province name, instead of it has TXT_KEY_REGION_TOOLTIP_135

do you have python exceptions enabled?

anyone else having this issue?

edit: I think I know what the issue is. will upload a fix this afternoon

Hi srpt, I noticed that captured slaves become workers and captured workers remain as workers. Should not this be opposite?

Also potential AI killing bug: workers/slaves cant move on desert but military units can. Now if AI has slavery and defeated units become slaves they cant move, but AI will defend them. This will cause AI will stack units on desert instead of doing something usefull. Maybe this explains why Nubian, Shaban and Egyptian AI sucks and is unable to defend itself.

Hi, I wanted to do something more artistic than usual, something I had never done before to spice my civ games a bit, so I created a Graeco-Roman interface (I added transparency later) and used the code of the religious changing interface to make it appear when using the hellenic religion (done in my mod but not yet for my next try in RFC)

This was my first try:

I know it's far from perfect, especially the bottom of columns in the top and the lack of those in the back but I didn't really knew to which all of those pieces corresponded at that moment. In addition I should probably make the architecture a bit less transparent than rest.

This interface is an adaptation of the interface of Europa barbarorum II

Hey there. I was wondering if you ever got around to merging my Enhanced Culture mod?

Hi, am I the only one for whom initiating diplomacy with Ptolemys crashes the game with the last SVN version? Do you know how I can fix it?
The game also crashes if I discover them before than they do.
Astonishingly, if they discover me, the diplo windows appears and then the mod runs well.

Furthermore, a lot of artstyles don't work so many units are displaced with red bubbles, not the same ones depending on culture.

Newest version is buggy as hell, revert it back few revisions and it should be stable.

But sad to see a great project wasted like this. This has really potential.

So lately I was messing with RFCCW xml files, modifying them to my like. Since there is a pause in development I thought that I share them. This is still work in progress, not sure about some techs and buildings. It's based on 1.0 full version with reverted dll.

Current problems are:
-to fast tech speed, as ptolemy I completed tree in about 200AD.
-ending techs are mostly useless
-printing press in classical mod is weird, I'm thinking about removing it
-same with alchemy, no real use for that tech
-education brings uni at end of tech tree when there isn't much to research
-mysticism- only GP nothing else
-syncretism, expensive with only civic going for it
-paper does nothing
-not sure about wage labour or compass

So remove alchemy, printing press, education. Move uni to philosophy or paper. Cheaper syncretism? Do something with mysticism. Increase tech cost 25%-50%?

Opinions?

Attachments

• XML.7z
    888.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Never mind, I have found reason. Still need play some more games to see if increasing tech cost is warranted.

Attachments

• XML.7z
    888.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Consts.7z
    17.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Victory.7z
    22.1 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Newest version is buggy as hell, revert it back few revisions and it should be stable.

But sad to see a great project wasted like this. This has really potential.
Yeah, I second that. But which was the most stable revision? I can see Nan Yue leader can cause CTD in my game, anytime I click to talk to him..

Top Bottom