1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Vishaing, Jun 23, 2007.

1. jorissimo

jorissimo Warlord

is it just a problem with filefront or did you remove the files because you are fixing them?

2. Lord Neil

Lord Neil Prince

When is this gonna be updated? at least with the dates... maybe even integrating BUG into this. Thats all I need. I'm eagerly awaiting updates. :D

3. Grishnash

Grishnash Mad Scientist

So, ummm... What's going on with this project? It looks like fun, if it would work, the links not even up :( :( :(

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

try to PM Vishaing

5. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

i just saw that i have the Epic-version on my PC, I´m uploading it right now to rapidshare, I will post a link here were you can get it

http://rapidshare.com/files/134155795/RFC_EPIC_BtS.zip

the date on my computer says I downloaded it on the 24th of January this year, so it may be not the latest version

6. Big Heb

Big Heb Warlord

Doesn't work for me. I load it and the game crashes. Probably due to it being an outdated version.

7. Grishnash

Grishnash Mad Scientist

I PMed him with no luck... I think this ModComp might need to be taken over by someone else who could fix it...

8. The_Stranger1

The_Stranger1 Chieftain

Hello,

this is my first post, so I should first express how excellent I think this mod is :)

At the moment, though, I only play the 600 AD version, because the ancient world flies by so quickly--100 years of Roman history in 5 turns...half the time it takes to build an aqueduct in many cases....

So, I'm looking for a version of Epic for BTS that works with the latest Rhye's mod...if anyone has one could you email me at bradjosse@hotmail.com ?

Cheers

9. eris23

eris23 Warlord

so...this died then?

10. kravixon

kravixon Warlord

Good question.

11. Peter84

Peter84 Chieftain

Where is RFC EPIC? Where may I download it?

12. tech9374

tech9374 Chieftain

download link isnt working, goes to filefront homepage.

13. cuximodo

cuximodo Chieftain

Is the downloading site for BTS epic RFC still working? I cant find anything from that web. I really love this mod and dream about if i can try under epic speed. i think its too fast too.
    thanks a lot for help my email: cuximodo@hotmail.com

14. Kweeky

Kweeky Little Boat

Vishaing! Please return! We neeeeed you!

15. rjaco31

rjaco31 Chieftain

well I tried to do an epic version by myself, i didn't even know there was one here
    first, i just changed the turn & research speed, it worked well, i managed to find a good technological pace
    but then, I tried to change the spawn dates in order to prevent US spawning at like 1300AD in my game. so I changed the hard-coded dates in Python/Consts.py and now it doesn't work
    when i try to launch a game with the French for instance, the "Auto-turn" popup shows turns untill the number of turn it was by default, and then it kinda freezes with "xx turns left", xx being the difference of turn between the default 750AD and the modified 750AD
    so i thoroughly read the 15 pages of this topic, and some DLLs were mentionned. I didn't touch to that. what should be modifier in there?

16. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Ya, you're gonna need to modify DLL, which is a royal pain. Sorry, I can't really help, I've tried modifying it before and I failed.

17. rjaco31

rjaco31 Chieftain

Well, i actually "dodged" the problem by not changing any spawn date except the US one, and by only changing the time-line after 600AD. That way, most of the civ arn't that influenced (the new civs are just a little bit scientifically advanced), and you can still have a really long 1.000 turns game.
    I'm still ajusting the tech rate and costs, but I'm already happy with the results.

18. ecv

ecv Chieftain

I've made a new version of this mod. Get it here http://files.filefront.com/13795328

Since i made it from scratch, i decided to rename it to Marathon. It has 1000 tuns like Vishaings Epic, but i might make another version later with 750 turns or something like that (and call it epic).

From limited playtesting I think barbs might be a bit too strong, stability a bit too low and research a bit too fast.

19. gagemo

gagemo Chieftain

it crashes for me before it starts....:sad:

20. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

I think you should start a new thread for RFC Marathon. I almost didn't click on this thread because I assumed it was just another person asking if this modmod could be revived -- I didn't expect to find that someone had actually done in :)