RFC Epic

Updated. I'm not sure if it will actually fix the problem, however the only possible cause for the problem that I could find I did fix. I do have some other theories though.

How does this one work?

NOTE: for those not paying attention, this update is mostly for the 600AD start. the rest is unchanged from the last version, if you don't use the 600AD start, you don't need to update.

?

that bug sounds really familiar, wasn't there something similar in normal RFC a while ago?

There's probably a date somewhere I need to double, I'll look into it. Thanks for the report.

Other than that, have you been able to do the 600AD start? also what are yur impressions on balance from what you can play.

Also, I think Alt M can activate the Merc menu, could you try to see if that works?

So far I have had to load a game before loading my Russian start since it freezes on the turn timer. I have not played really since bugs those two bugs have discouraged me but I will try again.

Also do you know anyway I can get to Russian start faster than playing through as the Mayans or such?

Also when I did start as the Russians the Romans were still alive and well(about triple the Holy Romans Empire's score). I'm am not sure but I don't think Rome should be that strong.

I played with Ethiopia through till the Russians start and the Barbarians are brutal! The had camel archers about 20 turns in. I just barely survived that. I manadged to survive till 860 AD but I lost 2 of my cities including my capital.

Attachments

• Barbarians in Africa1.JPG
    Barbarians in Africa1.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Barbarians in Africa2.JPG
    Barbarians in Africa2.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Barbarians in Africa3.JPG
    Barbarians in Africa3.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 147
  • Barbarians in Africa4.JPG
    Barbarians in Africa4.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 184
  • Ethiopia falls.JPG
    Ethiopia falls.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 233
was this with the 600AD start? because if so then it is WAD that there are Camel Archers that soon, if with the 3000BC start then that is something entirely wrong. Either way I will look into lowering Barb strength.

As for Rome, keep in mind that at the time Russia Spawns the HRE had also just barely spawned whereas Rome is already entrenched, regardless I will look at Stability.

Those screen shots were from around 700 AD to 860 AD but I encountered some camel archers(knights) in the first 30 turns.

In my current game the Rome has split into independent states although they are still conquering barbarians cities. China is still around in second place but is collapsing. Arabia is first in score and currently has a massive war with Persia.

Also there are mercenaries for hire with -1xp/-1xp?

Attachments

• -1xp3.JPG
    -1xp3.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 126
  • -1xp2.JPG
    -1xp2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 111
  • -1xp1.JPG
    -1xp1.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 157
  • -1xp4.JPG
    -1xp4.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 188
I just finished a game that wasn't really epic...in fact...it was about the opposite of epic :lol:

I picked a Persia start, planning on switching to England when available. I selected aggressive AI, and raging barbs just to see if I could handle them as Persia, and Monarch difficulty.

Here comes the box with turns left...yadda..yadda...

What? "Turns left: 48" "Egypt has won a Conquest victory!"

As it turns out, Delhi was captured by barbs on the 8th turn in the game :eek: :eek:, and then, on the 12th turn, Beijing was razed by the barbs :wow:

So, yeah, I'm guessing "raging barbs" is a little too tough, even for Monarch AI??

So...That was a pretty anti-climactic game!!

What I should have done, though, is play on regardless of the fact that I couldn't get any victories...just to see what would have happened (surely the Chinese and Indians would have come back, right?)

Oh GOD no do not select raging Barbarians. I mean the python generated Barbs are already probably too strong. :eek:

I will definately look into the Camel Archers bug thing, I probably just missed a Merc value somewhere.

I have good news, bad news, more good news, and possible bad news.

Good news is I havent gotten the CTD error from the mercenary button so that is probably just a one time thing. :)

Bad news is I am currently in 2275 AD while researching Civil Service. :(

But more good news for me :D the Persians and Arabians killed each other :D(Also the Aztecs died). :lol:

Also I have not hit any Plauges yet but I don't know what year it is... :confused:

Attachments

• Years 1.JPG
    Years 1.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Years 2.JPG
    Years 2.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 3 destroyed on same turn.JPG
    3 destroyed on same turn.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 147
eagerly awaiting update to latest version.

RFC Epic is fantastic! It's the only thing I play on Civ4 anymore. Rhye and Vishaing have both done great jobs. :)

That said, has anybody noticed more civilizations than normal becoming unstable and collapsing? In my recent game, I was a little shocked with the number of civs that imploded with no outside intervention.

I'm hopefully compiling a new working dll right now. Emphasis added because that's not been as easy as you would think. However I think I now know what the problem was.

Stability will always need some tuning, The penalties are likely from the economic portion of stability. I'll look into lowering those penalties.

Glad everyone is enjoying the game though, and hopefully the date problem will be fixed with this update as well, I really don't want to have to mess with the calendar code again...

Sounds great.

Stability is a bit of a problem for the ai and tech is a little bit too fast. The 600AD start only work when selecting a civ which starts right away and then switch if want another one.

Im looking forward to the new version. Thanks for your effort.

I really hate filefront.

To everyone wondering where I am, right now each time I compile and try to load it crashes. I have a few theories that I am going to try tonight, but don't hold your breath.. :sigh:....

"We appologize for this delay, but we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by, Thank you, and have a nice day."

Has the problem with starting with the 600AD civs been fixed yet? Also I tried playing as the vikings and switching later on but I never got the option to change. I had not switched in that game yet...

Top Bottom