RFC Epic

This is THE greatest mini-mod for RFC EVER!

Is this a big enough empire?

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1836-July Turn 673.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Uhhhh...quick question: how come I cannot play an RFC EPIC game :cry: ???

Of course, you need details:
Oh, wait...I'll need the normal game updated to it's latest patch right? Well, I don't want to do that, because when I update normal CIV IV to it's latest patch, it doesn't work any more... is there any way around this?

if it's not that (I doubt it, but here you go anyway,) then here are details:
I start a custom scenario, de-select "time" and "culture" victory conditions, leave everything else the way it was...start the game. After loading, I immediately get the "You have been defeated" balloon, and (of course) in the after game stats and everything, nothing is there because the game didn't even start. (Even if I pick a civ that doesn't start in 3000 bc, I don't have an "auto play turns left: XX" balloon)

ME IS :confused: ... :help:

You need to update, and remember that this version of RFC Epic is ONLY for Beyond the Sword.

does anyone have any testing info on culture and gold rates and what a good goal for the UHVs are?

Also, is anyone else having the bug where the dates and gold stuff dissappear every other turn?

...this version of RFC Epic is ONLY for Beyond the Sword.

...well that sure puts a dent in the probability that my computer can play RFC Epic. :sad:

Ummm, just another question, even though it doesn't matter (maybe it's even more of an observation than a question...) So, BTS uses a world builder save that Vanilla does? I say that because it has the same icon, and name as a vanilla wbs (but, of course, I couldn't open it...)

Is there any chance this will be converted to all expansions of Civ IV?

Oh yes, RFC Epic will one day be for all Civ versions, just like RFC. However I am planning on balancing the UHVs in BtS and then back porting the mod to the other cIV builds.

It will take a while though.

And the only difference between WB saves is the mod path line and starting turn line for the 600AD start.
You can always open WBS in notepad.

I am having difficulty with the 600ad start, it doesnt work for me if I play as civs that dont start straight away. I start immidietly with one settler and a warrior/scout and no techs, whilst china and arabia hit future techs in less than 100 turns. The 3000bc start still works fine though.

I am having difficulty with the 600ad start, it doesnt work for me if I play as civs that dont start straight away. I start immidietly with one settler and a warrior/scout and no techs, whilst china and arabia hit future techs in less than 100 turns. The 3000bc start still works fine though.

Same here! With civs not starting straight away I always get the message screen "XX turns remaining" but it won't proceed. And when i hit enter or escape then i start with a settler in stone age.

Just this file, this is a complete mod in and of itself. Just follow the install instructions in the first post.

Don't know about any other mods.

Same here! With civs not starting straight away I always get the message screen "XX turns remaining" but it won't proceed. And when i hit enter or escape then i start with a settler in stone age.

Ditto, very frustrating

Is the problem with the 600ad start just when you select that option initially, or can you switch from a 3000bc game to a later civ with no problems?

Is the problem with the 600ad start just when you select that option initially, or can you switch from a 3000bc game to a later civ with no problems?

I was playing as the Russians(I tried others though) and when the game started and the pre-play turn timer pops up It is half way full and it says 42 Turns remaining. I press Enter and I start with a settler and I think a warrior with no techs. I haven't tried switching from the 3000 BC start.

Ok I played Mayans till I switched and it seems to be working with one slight, small, kinda big, Huge problem. I can't save the Game!!! Well It's not really saving that's the problem It is loading... I can save and load as the Mayans but not the Russians! :mad:

From what I remember (because this has happened to a few of us, including me): load another save, and then load your latest Russian save. It works that way; a little slow and frustrating, but you won't lose your Russian game.

From what I remember (because this has happened to a few of us, including me): load another save, and then load your latest Russian save. It works that way; a little slow and frustrating, but you won't lose your Russian game.

Ooo sneaky.

I remember I had to do that before for a different problem but I didn't think of trying it for this.

I'm looking through the files for the 600ADbug. I now what the problem is, I remmeber running into this problem before, unfortunately I don't remember WHERE it was. So I'm checking through all of the lines of code Rhye modded, looking for Late Start condition things, somewhere, there is a turn defined that I didn't change.

Hopefully I will have it fixed soon.

To people who got to the turn timer screen, congratulations, you got further than I did, It crashed to me as soon as it finished loading :).

I think I found it, I won't be back from school until 10PM tonight though (Eastern US time) so It probably won't be updated until Tuesday, but I think I've found the problem.

So, the greatest part about compiling a dll in Codeblocks is definately that it keeps all of the temp files stored, so if you change only one file, it only needs to compile that one file.

By the way, Civ BTS is loading now for testing.

EDIT: And promptly just crashed again.

EDIT The Second: Uploading anyways, I think it might be a problem on my end.

Top Bottom