RFC Europe - name

Úmarth

Megalomaniac
Just a little thing I want to get out of the way because I'm starting to confuse myself with the names of files and things for the Europe modcomp. What's the official name going to be? So far we've been using:

Rhye's of Europe
Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Europe (RFC Europe)

Personally I prefer the second, it's a better description for a start. Rhye's of Europe suggest to me a Renaissance era mod whereas our scope is large, including the Dark Ages which most definitely was not part of Europe's "Rhye's". It also could be understood as a seperate mod, by Rhye. On the other hand RFC Europe is nice and straight forward: it's RFC, but limited to Europe. My vote would go for that then.

That's not to say we can't go in a different direction entirely, if people have ideas. I've been toying with "Rhye's and Fall of Kingdoms", the idea being that if we do another European modcomp after this (getting ahead of myself, I know :p), say classical, we could use something like "Rhye's and Fall of Empires". But again that could infer a separate mod by Rhye rather than an RFC modcomp.

So yeah, what does everybody think? I'd like to get it decided pretty quickly if possible.

Moderator Action: Thread Moved to Rhye's of Europe Forum.
--Ozbenno

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the second one too. I'm already using the abbrev. RFCE in my own
work anyway. Sounds good to me.:)

Maybe add something to it then? Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations: European Lands, or RFC: Europe Edition, something like that, to give it a different abbreviation?

Abrreviations:

RFE: Rhye's and Fall of Europe, or
RFEC: Rhye's and Fall of European Civilizations, or
REC: Rhye's of European Civilizations?

Even "RFC:Euro" may work.

Actually I like Bob's idea best. Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Europe Edition (RFCEE) or Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Medieval Edition (RFCME)

Rhye's and fall of Europe

Rhye's and fall of Europe

That's good too, but as our mod ends in 1800, when does it fall?
Why not just Rhye's of Europe instead?:)

Úmarth;6766855 said:
It doesn't seem like we're reaching a consensus :S

Maybe we need a poll. Let's let the market decide.:)

RFC: European Middle Ages.

I'm not really a part of the team but I think that "Rhye's of Europe" or "RoE" is the best

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: European Conquest

Rhye's and Fall of Civilization should be in: you just modded Rhye's code

Nice to see that you all started working on the project again.

"Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations: Something to do with Europe, but if these titles get any longer I may barf" could be a good choice.

Top Bottom