RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

When I achieved the Norse UHV several versions ago, I did it with an open border agreement with the Byz.

Another thought to represent trade would be for the Norse to secure XX number of Fur, or spice, or dye resouces by a certain time.

I'd be in favour of another UHV condition as well. Especially a trade or luxury related one, as you suggest.
Similiar to the Dutch UHV in RFC.

I'd be in favour of another UHV condition as well. Especially a trade or luxury related one, as you suggest.
Similiar to the Dutch UHV in RFC.

Exactly my thought.

We could do fur, ivory, and gems, to represent the three luxury goods that they dominated trade in (gems = amber). This would require them to colonize Iceland, Orkney, and the coasts of Norway and the Baltic to fulfill, rather than just sitting in Denmark.

Sounds like historically realistic goal.

We could do fur, ivory, and gems, to represent the three luxury goods that they dominated trade in (gems = amber). This would require them to colonize Iceland, Orkney, and the coasts of Norway and the Baltic to fulfill, rather than just sitting in Denmark.

That sounds much better to me! Let's do it.

I wonder if it is possible to code, but say export fur, gems (amber) and ivory to 8 different nation in year X. Force not only obtaining the resources but also trading them.

I wonder if it is possible to code, but say export fur, gems (amber) and ivory to 8 different nation in year X. Force not only obtaining the resources but also trading them.

You'd be one of the ones to know whether or not it was possible, but I like that idea a lot. That could potentially be a real challenge - while all three resources are relatively rare, finding trading partners during wars can be difficult.
One small issue - can you get around that by simply giving them away for nothing?

You'd be one of the ones to know whether or not it was possible, but I like that idea a lot. That could potentially be a real challenge - while all three resources are relatively rare, finding trading partners during wars can be difficult.
One small issue - can you get around that by simply giving them away for nothing?

Until I see the code, I don't know. Ideally you would want to get something for those resources.

I would tentatively say no. The code would definitely track the export of 8 of a resource, however I'm fairly certain it will not track what nations you export to.

I would tentatively say no. The code would definitely track the export of 8 of a resource, however I'm fairly certain it will not track what nations you export to.

Could we do 'export 12 (ivory, gems, furs in any combination) to foreign countries in ____AD'?

This could be achieved with as few as 4 trading partners, but seems likely to require more.

Could we do 'export 12 (ivory, gems, furs in any combination) to foreign countries in ____AD'?

This could be achieved with as few as 4 trading partners, but seems likely to require more.

I think the AI will not be motivated enough to acquire all those resources. Even the human player will be hard pushed to colonize Iceland, Orkney, Scotland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden and the Baltic coast to fulfill the first two
UHV conditions and secure a number of each resource. Maybe just acquiring 4 of each (12 total) would be a big enough challenge for now. Lets try that first. If it turns out too easy we can always factor in trade later, couldn't we?

A couple of odd little bugs to report from my latest game playing as Spain on Monarch.

1. The AI has decided to gift everyone the Shrine of Uppsala. Even though the Info Screen says noone has built it, the events log shows that has been built nearly a hundred times. All my coastal cities now have one and even though the Norse have only 4 cities the event log says they have built it 12 times. I include a screenshot of the events log and the saved game.

2. I have one timber resource which I need for ship building. But when I try to build a lumber mill on it that worker option doesn't appear on the screen even though I have the required tech, Replaceable Parts. Can I build a fort to gain access to that resource?

I encountered the same shrine of Uppsala alerts, but my coastal cities don't actually have Shrines built.

I encountered the same shrine of Uppsala alerts, but my coastal cities don't actually have Shrines built.

Yep, I've squashed that bug for the next release (tonight?). In fact, the Plague was spreading a dreadful case of Shrines of Uppsala instead of real plague. So these were "built" everywhere and then disappeared again when the plague was over.

That's actually kind of funny.

SIRE!!!! a plague of shrines have devastated our realm. Now the very seas are making our fishermen more productive.

Yep, I've squashed that bug for the next release (tonight?). In fact, the Plague was spreading a dreadful case of Shrines of Uppsala instead of real plague. So these were "built" everywhere and then disappeared again when the plague was over.

Copy and paste never ceases to amuse. :D

Bug with founding of Protestantism - just got to liberalism first as Venice; I also control Rome. I got the message 'Venice has completed St. Peter's Basilica!', and checked my cities - while there was still a St. Peter's in Rome, there was also a St. Peter's now in Florence, where Protestantism was founded. It's not clear whether or not I can build All Saints' Church yet, but I thought that was an interesting outcome.

Just been looking over the UHV and spawn maps included in the latest test version and I've found some problems and have made some suggestions.

UHV maps

1. Cordoba and Spain -Control of Iberia doesn't seem to require territory east of Pamplona or north of Valencia. The UHV area should include the Pyrenees IMO.

2. Kiev - Control of the Black Sea sea shouldn't include the Bulgaria spawn area. If we move the UHV area 3 tiles east it would solve that conflict.

3. Venice - Control of the Adriatic should mean the whole east coast. At present you could get the condition while someone else owns Ragusa. I'm sure that wasn't intended.

4. Bulgaria - Control of N. Greece/Macedonia should require an area 2 or 3 tiles south of where we have it, I think.

5. France - Control of historic France seems to include NW Spain, including potentially Barcelona and Zaragoza. I'm sure we didn't intend that.

Spawn Maps

1. If we intend to have Cordoba flip Tangier, the spawn area needs to expand 2 tiles west.

2. The Portugal spawn area should expand 2 tiles north to flip Porto/Braga and 1 tile south.

3. Germany's spawn area should extend 2 tiles south to flip Augsburg IMO.

4. The Ottoman spawn area should extend 2 tiles north to flip Sinope or any other city on the north coast.

5. The Kiev spawn area should expand 2 or 3 tiles south to prevent Bulgarian expansion too far north.

6. The Austrian and Dutch spawn areas should expand a tile in all directions if possible.

Top Bottom