1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC RAND freezes the program.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall RAND' started by MrBanana, May 19, 2010.

1. MrBanana

MrBanana Chieftain

So I'm fine loading the mod, I click play now. There are the normal options as well as Rye's Terra. I click Rhye's Terra, and choose my prefernces. I choose a civ, and hit play, and it starts loading.

One problem: it freezes either when finishing or the map step, before finishing. I have to close it wth task manager. The forums don't seem to have an answer to my problems.

I'm using Windows 7 BTW, and I do have 3.19.

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

map creation takes more than normal civ. Maybe it isn't freezing

3. MrBanana

MrBanana Chieftain

I go to task manager and it definitely says the game isn't responding. SOmetimes I get to finishing too.

4. MrBanana

MrBanana Chieftain

Never mind, it wroks after a while! It runs fine after a time. Don't know why it stops responding like that period of time.

5. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

You see this behavior in other software too. Like a browser for instance. Sometimes it says it's not responding, you wait a while and then everything is fine. Rhye, to avoid the confusion, I think it would be best to mention this in the RFC RAND PDF. Something like: "Be aware that in RFC RAND map creation takes while, so be patient".

6. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

yeah, it's almost a matter of faith in our God Rhye, in the initial loading ;)