1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rfc++

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Vishaing, Oct 19, 2006.

1. rapiduser

rapiduser Chieftain

2. McA123

McA123 Prince

Oh, ok, so it isn't just RFC++. I hadn't actually gotten that far in a regular game, but I figured that if there was a bug there, someone else would have found it by then.

3. solanacea

solanacea Chieftain

Balance issue I would like to see: Reduce strenght of war elephant (to 7 or 6). Spanish war elephants are dominating French knights in my current game. Also, war elephants are must-have for the Chinese UHV, which I don't find historical.

Unit allegiance: Don't like it at all. I can't really recall whole armies(which civ units represent) switching allegiance in history.

Inquisition Mod: Great addition! But currently there is no real motivation to remove any religion from your cities. A historical victory condition requiring you to remove a particular religion, for example removing Islam from Iberia, Italy and North Africa (for Spain) would be awesome.

Dale's combat mode: Bad idea, IMO. Too many balance issues. Changes combat mechanics too much. The AI would be severely handicapped.

4. Whitefire

Whitefire Emperor

Large standing armies in Europe aren't historically accurate. Most of their forces were mercenaries. Just think of it as mercenaries umping their contract (which did happen regularly).

5. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

About Allegiance: I've been thinking:

I wnat to stop it from happening once nationalism has been researched. Also, I am thinking that maybe a 'fanatic' promotion might also provide this effect.

Now then, as for amries switching sides in principal. Armies were rarely slaughtered down to the last man, unless they were meant to be symbolic. Soldiers rarely defected, but they did sometimes surrender, and some, if their loyalty was enough in question, might offer their services as mercenaries, or they might be impressed into service, this happened often on ships in the Age of Sail. Of course some units should not be able to do this, UUs being such units, so I will have to make it so they do not switch sides.
    In modern day, when armies surrender, they are taken as PoWs, and returned for a fee or after the war is done. Perhaps after nationalism for each army you lose you gain a shield in some random city? Probably too complicated, so I doubt I will implement it, but it is a possibility.

Dale's Combat mod to the best of my knowledge is slightly bugged, no longer supported, but the AI understands it fine. I am going to test it thoroughly for bugs long before I even start merging it, and only if it is bug free will I merge it.

To anyone who is willing, I could use testers to help me with this, so if you can manage to pull yourself away from RFC for a few moments each day (courage my friends:D ) could you try the Dale's Combat mod and Report back to me? Frankly, I am willing to rebuild the mod from the ground up if I can and have to, because combined arms attack is something I feel the Civ series has been greatly lacking.

6. Arminius

Arminius Jeff Vader

Is there anyway to add Influence Driven Wars only to Rhye's and Fall? I have to source for IDW, but I don't have RFCs, so I can't merge and compile... :confused:

7. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

I can merge them if you would like that. Which version do you want, warlords or vanilla?
    I should be able to make it really quickly.

Though I still haven't updated RFC++...

8. Arminius

Arminius Jeff Vader

Warlords. That'd be awesome if you could do that for me. Thanks. :)

9. cFccFc

cFccFc Warlord

You have written that the several mods, including the airforce mods are inteded, does that means that you have included them now and do you have a new download link? This looks awesome! :)

10. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

That's right boys and girls step right up for Vishaing's ultimate invention the RFC++ update guaranteed to cure any ailment guaranteed to fill that hole in your heart just apply twice daily and remember to leave all of your cash and valuables on the counter. Step right up ladies and gentlemen, fun for all ages!

Possible mods include:
    V.1.95-1.20
    W.1.46-0.10-IDW
    W.1.46-0.10
    TV VCR Repair.
    Computer Programming
    Interior Design

and many more

Just call now. Operators are standing by!

Now I am hopefully going to begin the Dale's Combat Mod testing in earnest. Maybe.
    I Hope.

Also, to Arminius, your requested Warlords IDW only is included in this update, its the 'HOODY-HOO!' download link.

Now. To sleep.
    -Vishaing

-EDIT @ cFccFc:
    No, not yet. the post of 'Intended Mods' shows the mods that I have the source code for and intend to merge into RFC, but haven't yet. The only mods in RFC++ at the time are the ones in the 'Included Mods' post.
    I miss the Air Forces Mod too. What's funny is it was in some of the previous RFC++ builds, before I made the mod for Warlords too. But something lately seemed to make in incompatible. I'm going to take another look at it, because I feel it is important, I just haven't yet.

11. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

12. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Indeed I have, and indeed it does.

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to include it however, as Firaxis has stated they have their own random events engine, and I see no need to reinvent the wheel unless the primem0ver's engine has greater maleability or optimization. If it vastly inreases loading times then I don't think you can expect it to be in the core RFC++ package, though I might make another mini-RFC++ like I did with just the IDW.

Overall however, I'm not planning any post-BtS development until both BtS is out and I have a copy of it to work on.

Though I just thought, it looks like the events engine of primem0ver might be compatible with warlords and perhaps vanilla, and if so, and if Firaxis doesn't update their events engine to these two (which is likely), then Yes I will include the primem0ver events engine into likely all RFC++ versions as I feel it is a good system to have.

It can also possibly create possibilities for some civ's UPs. For instance, since it seems the 'frostbite' event happens in certain latitudes, I would modify it slightly (once a unit has survived once in a turn it gets immunity to the event except for every 10th turn or such, and then Russia's UP will simply be immunity to the 'Frostbite' event. some religions civs might get bonuses to their prophet's abilities, stuff like that.

Actually, an Idea I just had, how about the inclusion of 'preferred climates'? IE, Scandinavia might not like marching viking warlords through the desert, but Egypt won't have any problem sending their archers out there, or such like that. I know this was proposed a LOOOONG time ago, back in the days of the Catapult project, but I don't remember what came of it.

what are your ideas about the 'climate' system. If I did a climate system, it would not create a 'chance of death' like the frostbite does, instead it would add promotions that give different penalties.

13. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

RFC++ has defeated Patch!

RFCV++ gains 532 Experience!
    RFCV++ has grown to level V1.97-1.25!!
    RFCV++ learned INFORMANT Spell!!!

RFCW++ has gained 489 Experience!
    RFCW++ has grown to level W1.47-.10!!
    RFCW++ learned ESPIONAGE Spell!!!

You found 2 Mercenaries Bug Fixes Included!!!

NOW THEN!
    A Challenge!

as I said, I have rebuilt my informant mod for both RFCV++ and RFCW++ there is only 1(one) problem. Currently the Informant Icon is the same as the Spy icon, this could get very confusing, and is innacurate. However I am bad at creating Icons, and did not like my last Informant Icon (it was too dark and didn't look like any of the normal cIV icons.

SO I am asking on of YOU (Uncle Sam Poster), to make an Informant Icon!

(The Internet Hates Me.)
    EdIT: If any should rise to this occasion, I would like you to post the Icon on this thread, or if you don't wish such publicity, you can PM it to me or Email me at Vishaing@hotmail.com!

Obviously if I use your Icon I will post your name in the credits and offer my wholehearted thanks.

Good Luck
    -Vishaing

14. Bob III

Bob III Lazy Roamer

Just a minor suggestion, maybe Sustenance should be changed to Subsistence. (the latter is growing and making only what you need for yourself, I think it makes a bit more sense)

15. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Bob you necro let this thread rest in peace!

16. Bob III

Bob III Lazy Roamer

I'm sorry. -slaps self-

17. myfamilyguy76

myfamilyguy76 Chieftain

Download link not working

18. Astat

Astat Warlord

thread rest in peace? why so? isn't any new development happening here? :)
    and how is this piece combinable with RFC Epic? both ideas sound good, but both seem to consist of the complete package..

19. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

I'm mostly abandoning this thing I think. though ironically enough if i remember correctly this was a piece of cake to update compared to Epic.... I'll look into this code again, though i would have to completely rebuild it.

I plan to incorporate a few choice mods into Epic, for instance the MAD Nukes Mod, and possibly a few others.

I would also like to try to get the Dale's Combat Mod working, maybe now that he is actually updating it he might put out a finished version that will work.

20. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Its a shame really, combate inlfuance was so great with rhyes, as the are less cities in europe indevidual tiles are worth fighting over.

<rant>
    And when I play now I am their like "I have more troops, they surrendered, why cant I just demand this area of land when they did offer me the city the other side of it?"
    </rant>