1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rfc++

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Vishaing, Oct 19, 2006.

1. McA123

McA123 Prince

Is there room for another civic column? Also, I think that corruption is a good idea, but that civics is the wrong place for it. Corruption is generally not the sort of thing you want in your government, but is an inevitability.

2. Whitefire

Whitefire Emperor

I think Civics is the perfect place for it. That way you can choose whether or not your government will take part in it. And yeah, there's room for it. IIRC, FFH2 has 7 columns for Civics.

3. SadoMacho

SadoMacho spanker of civilizations

I don't see the need of the civc colom. The 'Distance from Palace maintenance' is a symbol for corruption.

4. McA123

McA123 Prince

I think I remember Rhye saying that 7 coloumns would mess up the interface, or something like that...

5. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I agree with Sado, it should not be in

6. Whitefire

Whitefire Emperor

Not really. Thats a catchall for many costs. The cost to hire a local beuracracy, the cost to run government buildings, the cost to communicate to the cities and, yes, the cost of local governors skimming off the top. Anyway, just an idea.

7. SadoMacho

No, that's the 'Number of cities maintenance', 'distance from palace maintenance' is like the corruption from older CIV versions. If a city lays far from the capital, it has more corruption because the central governement is far away.

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I agree, governments dont sit down and discuss what type of corruption they need!

9. Yakk

Yakk Cheftan

Given that the lowest one is "barter", the next one up might be "coinage" as an economy. Then again, that is sort of delt with by the currency tech (it assumes you start using coins once you get the tech).

We want a low-tech economy.

Family Property? That would be where all property is owned by your clan/family, and personal property is unknown.

Intercity Trade?

Private Land Ownership?

Property Registration?

Tarrifs and Taxes?

10. SadoMacho

change is to estate economy, give farms +1 hammer, +1 gold and -1 trade route.
    This is the economy of the late roman empire and the dark ages.

11. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

And thus upon the third day, The son did rise again!

RFC++ WARLORDS IS COMPLETE!
    oh, and I updated the Vanilla version too.

And now, I'm taking a slight break until Friday, at which point I have a break from school, and I intend to begin playtesting Dale's Combat Mod.

After that I will look at the civics again. Though I do say your ideas have been very good so far. Keep them coming.

12. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

RFC++ is for Warlords too? Great! Maybe you'll include Unique Historical Crashes?

13. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Maybe I wi... wait what?

Don't tell me its crashing, it worked fine for me. I think. one minute....

Yeah, its working fine. Although very slowly. Though that does remind me of something. Right now My computer is kind of multitasking like crazy, so i can't tell if the lon loading times are just that or all of the stuff I added. Ccould someone test that out and tell me if they think the loading times are longer?

14. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

15. Talkie_Toaster

Talkie_Toaster I toast, therefore I am

I support Unique Historical Crashes!

What happened to the Archæology thing? Did it get put in?

16. McA123

McA123 Prince

I don't think congresses are working right in RFC++. I'm pretty sure they're fine in 1.93 or whatever version we're at, but the way they're working in RFC++ is weird. The lead-up works fine, bribing, etc, then the turn of the congress, 2 of the requests are displayed, you press ok or whatever and nothing happens and things progress like a normal turn. It's happened 2/2 times in my England game, so I'm positive I can reproduce it if necessary. I might even have a save somewheres from the turn before...

17. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

@Talkie_Toaster: Nope, its not in just yet. Its a pretty small mod, and it doesn't really do much other than give you a little blurb about the city and an added source of income, but it is a nice touch so I'm not to concerned about it.

@McA123: yeah, could you get me those saves. I think I probably ended up writing over some random line of code when I was merging, and it just happened to not be a vital line of code.

OH WAIT! I think I might know what it is. It might be an incompatibility with the Influence driven war. which would suck. I'll take a look at that too.

18. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I have this problem in the "Normal" version of the mod too, since the version 190. So I use the Congresses.py from the version 1.7... I doubt it has something to do with the Influence Driven War.

19. Vishaing

Vishaing The Son

Really. Could you get me a copy of your congresses.py file. Both of them if possible, so I can check for differences between them?

The earliest version I have is 186, I'm not sure if that one works though because I haven't played the game to the point of congresses since version 080 or so.
    Yeah, between 186 and 190 three aren't enough differences in code, just minor tweaks, in so I'm going to need a copy of the 170 congresses.py code.

20. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

In the Bugs thread Rhye stated that he had found a bug in Congresses.py in the latest Vanilla versions of the mod. We'll just have to wait until he fixes it...