Rhye's and Fall RAND: Preview #4

Thanks Rhye. Another question, will the spawn dates be fully hard coded, but will there be ranges like there is for plagues? In other words will Russia always spawn 3 turns after Germany?

This question has probably been asked before, and may have been answered before, or it might not be certain, but:

When (roughly) could we expect to be able to play it? The wait is killing me...

Halleluia! :D Thank you Rhye!

Will there be independent and native cities spawning on their own?

How's the barbarian situation?

Will barbarians be more constant near certain civs or in areas where future civs will spawn?

Will Islam instantly appear in Arabia?

How about Judaism and Christianity, will a default Jerusalem appear somewhere for both?

Will resources slowly appear in the new and old world like in normal RFC--such as corn in the old world, and plantation plots in the new?

As you can tell I am very interested in this mod now!

At first I was lukewarm to the idea of RFC random as I thought it would simply be taking the (IMO, absurd terrain) randomness of a typical vanilla game and just be applying Rhyesque values to it.

I guess I should have known better.

This looks absolutely fantastic; Rhye please tell me you're going to be a video game designer! And preferably take over the Civ franchise! :goodjob:

A question - do England and Japan have modifiers for starting locations on islands.

It is also possible that the pull of China, climate, etc.. had more pull that an Island modifier as there may not have been a decent one in the right location.

Good Point. By the way, is there a modifier against them spawning on an unusally small island. In other words for them to spawn on an island does the island have to cover X tiles?

how will Russia's unique power work now ?

-Russian power is extended to all its empire
-Inca is the same (they start close to mountains)
-Jap and Eng are more likely to start on islands, but it may not happen, or it may not be any island available
-Islands must be a certain number of plots large to contain a starting point

-I don't know if I'll ever work on videogames. It's hard to find something here, and moving away is something to consider carefully

i think this mod will get me back into CIV IV (its been a while since i played)

The thing that will make this mod more interesting the RAF is that its not the same everytime, i mean sure something extremely different and unique happens in every game of RAF but its always the same map, and same spawning points, and same advatages and disadvatages at every start.

1 think i like about RAND is the map, CIV IV random maps are so anoying, they never have unique qualities or fun qualties like ur maps do as seen in preview 2 or 3 (i forget) lol but they all look unique while CIV IV maps usualy dont

i think this mod will get me back into CIV IV (its been a while since i played)

The thing that will make this mod more interesting the RAF is that its not the same everytime, i mean sure something extremely different and unique happens in every game of RAF but its always the same map, and same spawning points, and same advatages and disadvatages at every start.

1 think i like about RAND is the map, CIV IV random maps are so anoying, they never have unique qualities or fun qualties like ur maps do as seen in preview 2 or 3 (i forget) lol but they all look unique while CIV IV maps usualy dont

I agree 100%. I know speaking for myself I would not be playing Civ if not for RFC.

the ultimate question now is: will it be multiplayer ?

Top Bottom