Rhyme Mafia 4: A Noose On The Loose [Mafia + 3p victory]

And there was no reason for me to risk winning with town when I had a guaranteed win. :lol: I had no idea there was a bulletproof vest in the mayor's office anyway.

Oh and Tim I had no other power. I bluffed lol.

Rhyming was hard. Made it hard to really push a case or control the narrative. Great game Snerk and a great challenge. Well played to all!!!

I would like to point out how many dead people knew it was me.

That's why you were dead people. :)

For those who don't access the neighbor chat, tldr is that Topsecret revealed himself as third party survivor who could win with either side, and I committed to him winning with my side and claimed that side was town. Partly that was self defense, and partly that was because with a deal seemingly in place I expected that claim to be believable and power a pretty good public clearing on me eventually when the wolf fur hit the fan. He told me he had to be mayor to win, but I was afraid he would get some kind of powers as mayor that would allow him to flip on me so Ace had to be the last town to die.

Syn, I see from the dead chat that everyone told you you died because you were the best town D1. They are right.

We had a one shot role cop and knew Argon was a one shot bodyguard honest and true. Argon this was the time that your always claim meta finally worked against you.

Tak, your 3P claim got you killed because it pushed TGT's inescapable doom back for a day. I wasn't sure how to get you the next day, or even who to go after. Dolby had already spiked TGT, so putting him off gave us the sure kill when we needed it most. You are probably right that there was no good reason for you to be killed there otherwise. I was worried about the triple vote thing though and swinging the chop against you was an opportunity on that front that I could not pass up either.

The Tim-Top alliance was brutal. I can't speak for everyone but I auto cleared Top based on his claimed role almost 100% of the time being town.

I decided Tim was a good neighbor choice regardless of alignment. If he's town and I prove it, I save my self from getting killed (because who leaves cleared Tim alive? :lol:) If mafia, he could help me get elected and take out the mayor.

Option B worked.

This a game were I tried a lot of solving. I went through the posts a few times. And I did not catch a single wolf.
What can I do better next time? Where should I've noticed something?
Clearing TS on the basis of being a one-shot role and basing the rest on that turned out disastrous but what else did I miss?

This a game were I tried a lot of solving. I went through the posts a few times. And I did not catch a single wolf.
Clearing TS on the basis of being a one-shot role and basing the rest on that turned out disastrous but what else did I miss?
One of the things that I regretted a lot was not pushing Tims for his EoD2, and also not pushing for his "hey TGT protect Dolby setup". The setup on TGT should have been really obvious in retrospect knowing that TGT was green. I did loosely say that if TGT was town Tims was maf, but I never really went all in on that or that particular line.

Giving TS a provisonal "he's ok" based on his action was probs fine tbh, in so far that was detectable from reading and based off of interactions it was pretty clear TS and Tims weren't teammed from D2, also given that he claimed the action from the beginning

I did loosely say that if TGT was town Tims was maf

This was why pushing TGT back and taking Tak was critical. When TGT died it was effectively LYLO F7 because I had TopSecret's vote in my pocket, so even if there had been a wide open "that means Tim is a wolf" push after it wasn't gonna matter. The only thing that kept me from open claiming at that point is that I wasn't absolutely sure we could kill Ace.

@Snerk thanks for hosting this!

Good game wolves, I would say that the restriction actually made it more difficult for you as it also made fluffing more difficult.

I wish I could be more active d1 and fight for survival, but my life got busy again and checking the thread was all I was capable of.

And Tim, it was great to see your real power.

Good game wolves, I would say that the restriction actually made it more difficult for you as it also made fluffing more difficult.
I don't know, it annulled Ace Marvel for one thing.

@Rakkoon I didn't follow this game too closely, so take all the following with a grain of salt.

I noticed a significant uptick in your solving and WIM.

In my headspace I was like, "wow he's different. I wonder if that makes him scum?" Because you were blatantly very villagery to me in the game before this one. So this was different and I was like, hmmm maybe he's one of those peeps who likes being scum more. And that was wrong. But I wasn't paying close attention. I bet if I were paying closer attention I could have gotten there.

Also, I like this level of input from you, and I don't think you should make a conclusion about how well you played based on one game outcome. It's a guessing game and no matter who you are, you will guess wrongly sometimes.

Your process here I think was better, and even if it didn't lead to the exact right answers out of one game's worth of example, keep at it. I think you will do just fine.

Also, everyones solving and case work was thrown off due to the rhyming. It made the game harder to parse.

Dolbster was the one I saw who adapted to it as well as he could but there's still no dead woofs this game. That happens. It's like when people did Night of the Werewolf really early on, and it was more roleplaying and shot in the dark voting than anything analysis-oriented.

Keep at it, this newer style. I think you were just fine. There's a danger in being too results-oriented, it can teach you the wrong lessons.

Like, sometimes as a wolf tell, I see people use the word "honestly" a lot, but it's hardly a surefire thing, and then other people use that word a lot more than average person does, so.... the process is silly, but it became part of how I hunt wolves because of the results.

But the results are really bad if that person just says that word a lot. What's true for one person isn't for another, a lot.

Or when people say that a person's post is "interesting" (meaning "yeetable") but without calling their post wolfy or suspicious or scummy, I considered that a tell because it's been true for the past many many many games, a wolf has done that.

But also villagers have done that too and you can bias yourself by focusing on results only. Or ignoring context, where the word isn't being used as a substitute for "yeetable".

Process is superior. Process wins over a long period. A good process can deliver bad results but you can figure out WHY they did, which means you can improve more.

Whereas blind guesses on no process and biasing yourself based on past results, is something you can't autopsy. It's not fixable.

You had a better process this game. More WIM, more solving.

Keep at it. The same guy that found several wolves suspicious the previous game and put em at the bottom of his leans lists is still in you, but here, you were more influential to the outcome of the game I think, which helps as any alignment, especially if your guesses are right and you're town, and you were more visibly trying to solve the game I think.

This one game result shouldn't discourage you from following this path forward. You're on the right track Rakkoon, imo. Guesses are guesses and there's always next game to guess again.

Spoiler :

This game I saw you kept returning to the thread over and over in a given day, which gives you more opportunities to interact with people, question them, inform your opinion, and reverse your opinion. It's almost like you're playing blindfolded chess but you don't have to take turns moving, you keep moving your pieces. More moves means you can improve your position faster, affecting the outcome of the game more.

If you improve your ability to affect the outcome of the game, then when that's your established meta and you guess well, you can sweep a game as town, mostly because you made more "mafia game" moves per round. Takes control of the game away from wolves and gives it to you. You guess right, you win. Or if you persuade people you're town and you're trying to solve and propose several suspects, often times, you get more of your guesses flipped at all, giving you get more chances to win even if your first couple guesses are wrong.

Spoiler :
It's sort of how I ended up being sent to champs in season 1, I was a good wolf but I also tend to get my suspects yeeted as town, and if you give any one townie a chance to yeet several people of their choice in a given game, over time, they're gonna catch wolves unless they're really bad at guessing.

I was maybe slightly better than rand at guessing, I just would brute force it by getting more yeets I called and the wolves couldn't control the game outcome as much during the day. It's not great and there's a lot of room for improvement, but even a sloppy villager like me that impacts the game can appear competent if they get more suspects yeeted.

Whereas if someone is relatively quiet and guesses well but people don't follow their process or their suspects, that person won't affect the outcome as much.

So yeah. Keep up with the solvy Rakkoon that comes back and interacts more, it will strengthen your town game over time and give you more #IMPACT.

#Impact is how somewhat competent villagers look scarier than they really are, so then get murdered, and get to go to DVC before they embarrass themselves, which is my typical strategy as a townie and the typical outcome as well. Because if people leave me alive then I usually make dumb guesses to balance out the good ones.

Top Bottom