Rich Resources?

Samin

Warlord
Is there a mapscript for a map with LOTS of resources? I mean Acularius' GEM levels of resources, beyond 50% of the tiles (I would even play around with 70-80% resource coverage).

Alternatively could someone give me a hint where I have to adjust a mapscript to do this (and still remain variety and not just fill everything in a radius of 5 tiles with deer or something) or where I can find documentation for that.

I would play GEM but my main issue is performance around early Industrialization.
Also a bit change in map layout wouldn't be horrible - real starting locations are cool but a bit random terrain isn't bad either ;)

Edit: I just found a BonusBonus variable in the PerfectWorld2 map script that seems to do what I want. It still clumps a lot of similar resources in the same place. I'd ideally had each resource max 2-3 times in a 6x6 area (=~city radius)

Yes.. it could be fun if someone could explain how to "tweak" a map that we like to have a lot of ressource (Like PTW.).

I like the map river and lakes and the first one in C2C (the one with a lot of forest) but those map doesnt have a lot of ressource... nearly 2 only per city in classical era.

Anyone can help?

For example.. if i want more ressource on map Lakes... can i do that?

Ok.. so with option in create custom i can change that?

But if i want the same in ressource but in different map like lakes... can i do that with some code inside the map (notepad source?)?

Just saw this, i am in contact presently with a coder who does exactly what you want, but he is very hesitant to make a C2C script, he did one for Rom and AND, but i am at least trying to convince him, since he is French.:)

I just added a "regular" land map in the SVN with all resources in there and PLENTY of them.

Playing a game is one thing, but you need to use ALL resources and alot of them to test them accordingly, i believe, otherwise your just playing what a normal game would be and not really helping out what could be and should be fixed, IMO.

I am french too! ;) It's my first langage!! :p Tell him that! haha ;) Maybe it will help! :)

For your map.. is there a way to play with it with Version 29? I don't have SVN....

For your map.. is there a way to play with it with Version 29? I don't have SVN....

I hope you mean v 28, and as far as i know, it should be playable, i dont think any improvements or terrain etc have been changed since we release it. But remember this has a TON of resources in it.

yeah.. sorry! I meant v28 hehe. But where can i download the map? And i save it into the private map file?

How the map is? Continent? Lakes only?

I believe we like the same kind of map. When i read your message in this forum, you want map with lakes and rivers instead of big oceans and more plain-forest-mountain and very little tundra and desert. What's your best configuration map for now? Is the ressource ratio is good, i mean about 40-50 pourcent or more of ressource tile?

I believe we like the same kind of map. When i read your message in this forum, you want map with lakes and rivers instead of big oceans and more plain-forest-mountain and very little tundra and desert. What's your best configuration map for now? Is the ressource ratio is good, i mean about 40-50 pourcent or more of ressource tile?

Best thing for now to do is, go to the SVN thread, and follow the link to the SVN material, you should be able to go into the Private Map area, and retrieve the map there, if not let me know.

ahh.. i have to d/l the SVN program to go in it?

Edit: I think i was blind! :p Got it! haha :D

Yeah. I saw it. Didnt saw the link at first. :) It was hidden in the text ;) Or maybe i need better glasses. haha.

Thanks. Will try that. But i hope you can convince your guy to build a mapscript to have other map shape instead of always the same one.. :) With more lakes and rivers. :D

Yeah. I saw it. Didnt saw the link at first. :) It was hidden in the text ;) Or maybe i need better glasses. haha.

Thanks. Will try that. But i hope you can convince your guy to build a mapscript to have other map shape instead of always the same one.. :) With more lakes and rivers. :D

Here:

Top Bottom