RIFE coming to civ 5?

Darn, my vague attempts at humor clearly missed the mark. Well they can't all be winners can they :)

Fluffypaw

Darn, my vague attempts at humor clearly missed the mark. Well they can't all be winners can they :)

Fluffypaw

at least not if youre fluffy... harr harr... well, yeah. uhm. i think i understood your joke. and it was funny :)

Will be in as a hell-version of Fur. Technically already in game, as the Hare resource, just isn't placed. :p

Uhhh. cool. why not in yet?

Will your Civ 5 mod be as deep as Rife? I personally have no interest in Civ 5 as I don't think it'll be very good compared to FfH and its modmods, but then again a good mod might make me get it from a discount bin at some point in the future. FfH is the reason I bought Civ 4. I've never played a real game of civ 4 in my life :D

Fluffypaw

the thing that causes me the most horror is the 1-unit-per-tile thing. that just wouldnt be civ anymore. i havent looked on previews for a while, so i dont know if its still in, but i totally dislike it. i think im going to stay with civ4 mods too.
and must be more than a year ago since i played normal civ for the last time. played the alpha centauri mod several times, but besides, not much different things.

Will your Civ 5 mod be as deep as Rife? I personally have no interest in Civ 5 as I don't think it'll be very good compared to FfH and its modmods, but then again a good mod might make me get it from a discount bin at some point in the future. FfH is the reason I bought Civ 4. I've never played a real game of civ 4 in my life :D

Fluffypaw

Depends on which one.

Eden? Maybe. We aren't going quite as deep into the lore, much more of it is 'emergent' lore, arising during gameplay. That said, it will be a VERY living, active world.... For reasons I won't go into. :p

the thing that causes me the most horror is the 1-unit-per-tile thing. that just wouldnt be civ anymore. i havent looked on previews for a while, so i dont know if its still in, but i totally dislike it. i think im going to stay with civ4 mods too.
and must be more than a year ago since i played normal civ for the last time. played the alpha centauri mod several times, but besides, not much different things.

Honestly, I like 1upt. I like the strategy it brings.

if it goes for 1upt and as much non-random strategy as possible - play chess :D
as far as im against 1upt, i embrace limit per tile. i just dont think it should be 1. more something between 5 and 8.
btw, i will definitly try civ5 short after the release. im just very, very sceptical.

Ditto

if it goes for 1upt and as much non-random strategy as possible - play chess :D
as far as im against 1upt, i embrace limit per tile. i just dont think it should be 1. more something between 5 and 8.
btw, i will definitly try civ5 short after the release. im just very, very sceptical.

Hopefully modders will be able to change the hard cap if it's really necessary. Honestly carrying over the units types from the early civ games don't make much sense with 1upt. Unless the maps are on a much larger scale.

By the way: In addition to Eden (the RifE team's project), I will be making a small mod, little more than a scenario really. What is the setting for that? The "Dies the Fire" books by S.M. Stirling.

:goodjob:

I just recently got into these and I´ve been thinking that the Emberverse would make a kick-arse setting for a game/tv-series/pnp-rpg/anything really ever since.

As would David Brin's Earth Clan. :p

Or hell, the Nantucket series would make for an excellent mod... A small (~2000) group of people from our time, shoved back into 2500BC? They have tech... But first they have to survive winter (very little food), redevelop old techs (you start advanced, but have no idea how to farm, for example; You'd develop rapidly, though, as each advancement allows you to create better knockoffs of modern tech), find raw materials (big one; You're on a tiny island), and develop into a world power.

Your biggest rival? An internal rebellion... People with nearly your level of tech, and far more ruthless. Would be fun. :p

As a note, from Stirling, Fifth millenium is grandiose, especially due to the tied work with shirley meyer
and Flight engineer is also very good.
I think I'll try the Islands in the sea of time, dies the fire and change series next :D you made me think about reading them (as I hated drakkas... I stopped reading stirling :/)

I have not read Drakkas yet. The Nantucket series was flatout awesome, though honestly was more-so in the beginning; Once they redeveloped gatlings, it was mostly them competing against themselves (and wave after wave of native, of course).

The Change series remains firmly in the middle-ages (if not a bit earlier), but starts digging deep into religion; If you aren't comfortable with that, don't worry, just read the first trilogy. :lol: Only seriously enters in in the second set of four.

Top Bottom