RIFE coming to civ 5?

I want to know how exactly Sid plans on making Civ 5 more "modder friendly," and if it's REALLY modder friendly try my hand at a post-apocalyptic mod, perhaps of the zombie variety. But that's unlikely as the only kind of coding I'll have any knowledge of is HTML and possibly XML.

I want to know how exactly Sid plans on making Civ 5 more "modder friendly," and if it's REALLY modder friendly try my hand at a post-apocalyptic mod, perhaps of the zombie variety. But that's unlikely as the only kind of coding I'll have any knowledge of is HTML and possibly XML.

It would be nice if Civ 5 actually shipped with an XML editor, but I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice if Civ 5 actually shipped with an XML editor, but I'm not holding my breath.

if you really need an xml editor you can go here and download one for free:
http://symbolclick.com/

hope the helps some.

python is alright i guess, but how learnable will the new systems be? i could never get anything i tried to work without causing alot of crashes on civ4.

Well, if it is fantasy, I vote having influence from either songs of fire and ice (which is already being done) or Glen Cook's Fantasy Novels. Black Company or the Instrumentalities of the Night.

love to see some terry pratchett elements walking around. giving the whole thing a bit more self-mockery
we all like it, we all love it, but honestly, there a moments i have to look at fanatasy stuff and cant resist but laughing - until the atmosphere catches you again...

Well, if it is fantasy, I vote having influence from either songs of fire and ice (which is already being done) or Glen Cook's Fantasy Novels. Black Company or the Instrumentalities of the Night.

Doesn't fit our setting.

love to see some terry pratchett elements walking around. giving the whole thing a bit more self-mockery
we all like it, we all love it, but honestly, there a moments i have to look at fanatasy stuff and cant resist but laughing - until the atmosphere catches you again...

Again, doesn't fit our setting. Not really.

...we don't know anything about your setting Valk.

don't hurt me, but I've not read any of them books...

i bet its about giant aquatic, vampiric hamsters from outer space, crash landing in the year of 1415 intervening in the battle of agincourt and thereby altering history. have i mentioned the zombie-elves that are created by hamsterbite?

i bet its about giant aquatic, vampiric hamsters from outer space, crash landing in the year of 1415 intervening in the battle of agincourt and thereby altering history. have i mentioned the zombie-elves that are created by hamsterbite?

....Whut?

By the way: In addition to Eden (the RifE team's project), I will be making a small mod, little more than a scenario really. What is the setting for that? The "Dies the Fire" books by S.M. Stirling.

....Whut?

By the way: In addition to Eden (the RifE team's project), I will be making a small mod, little more than a scenario really. What is the setting for that? The "Dies the Fire" books by S.M. Stirling.

eden, aka a christian mythology inspired world?
and about the whut: its an old tibetan technique involving emptying your brain and extracting as much mental :):):):) as you can. used by some famous dictators too.

eden, aka a christian mythology inspired world?
and about the whut: its an old tibetan technique involving emptying your brain and extracting as much mental :):):):) as you can. used by some famous dictators too.

No. Has nothing to do with christianity in anyway, name was chose for a vastly different reason; It resonates nicely with the setting.

And NO, it is not because it is a fluffy, unicorn-filled paradise!

Top Bottom