RifE plus BUG mod?

rmunn

Chieftain
Ever since I discovered the BUG mod, it's been my favorite "mod" (in quotes because it doesn't actually change any gameplay, just the interface) of all time. I'm hooked on the BUG interface, to the point where I can hardly stand to play with the "standard" Civ IV interface now. So most of the time when I want to play FfH, I load Wildmana (since it has incorporated the BUG interface).

I'd love to play with some of the new civs added in RifE, but whenever I load RifE I see the standard Civ interface and think "Where are the tick marks on my research bar? Where's my GP progress indicator at the top of the screen? Where's my "actual bonus" view on the +:culture: that buildings will give, taking into account my civics and/or other buildings? Where's my customizable F1 screen? Where, in short, is the interface I've come to depend on?" And even though I'd like to play the new civs (Mechanos look especially fun), I end up quitting RifE and playing Wildmana again just so I can have the interface I'm used to.

Are there any plans to merge BUG into RifE, the way Sephi has done with Wildmana?

I think some of these are in RiFE.

I know the GP progress indicator is which also shows the wacky percentage of getting each type of GP (almost always goes against the highest %).

Honestly, I don't particularly care for all the features added by BUG; The ones I like (notifications, GP bar) are already in. Only other one I'd be interested in is the cityscreen modification allowing you to check your actual food/hammers/etc output rather than traderoutes.

If some other modder felt like porting Denev's bug mod over to RifE, I'd make sure to support it in future releases (as an addon, not the standard), but I don't have the time or the inclination to do it myself.

One thing I'd like to see is the lines on the tech bar, everything else I like is already in :)

One thing I really miss is the field of view slider. Apparently it is not a difficult merge, or so I was told; I've managed it in regular civ mods, but adding to FF+ was beyond me. Too many changes in the relevant Python files to figure out where to drop the code.

Top Bottom