TXT_KEY_EUI on tooltips

Zorboo

Chieftain
Hey there, first time poster here. I am coming back to civ after a long break and decided to try some mods. I decided on Vox Populi and civ 5 enhanced user interface. Everything seems to be working (pretty sure I haven't played it yet), but there is a weird error on all my tooltips. Not sure how to fix it, I am so vanilla with mods I have no idea what I'm doing so I tried to keep it simple. Thanks in advance!

P.S. sorry for the horrible pictures of my screen, my computer was also deciding to not save screenshots , so sorry.

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_233547240.jpg
    PXL_20231106_233547240.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20231106_233508148.jpg
    PXL_20231106_233508148.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
You're missing a file for the text and might need to manually put it in. (I had almost the same issue myself....)

Referencing the official install guide, you can probably fix it by:
Go to the GitHub releases page for the project: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/releases
Download the zipped source code and unzip it.
Open the Vox Populi Installer Files in the source code folder. Copy the VPUI/VPUI_tips_en_us.xml file to your Civ 5 Text folder (typical location on Windows is Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Text).

If that doesn't work, try doing a full manual rebuild (which is what I did, since some other stuff was also broken):
Vox Populi With EUI
a. Copy the (1) Community Patch mod folder into your Civ 5 MODS folder (typical location on Windows is Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS). Delete the LUA folder inside it.
b. Copy the (2) Vox Populi mod folder into your Civ 5 MODS folder. Delete the LUA folder inside it.
c. Copy the (3a) EUI Compatibility files mod folder into your Civ 5 MODS folder.
d. Open the Vox Populi Installer Files in the source code folder. Copy the VPUI and the UI_bc1 folders to your DLC folder in Steam (typical location on Windows is Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/DLC).
e. Open the Vox Populi Installer Files in the source code folder. Copy the VPUI/VPUI_tips_en_us.xml file to your Civ 5 Text folder (typical location on Windows is Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Text).

Top Bottom