Resource icon

Rifleman Assets 1.0

Wolfdog

Unit Butcher
Wolfdog submitted a new resource:

Rifleman Assets - Rifleman

Rifleman from Civ 5 with team colour.

This unit was my first attempt at Civ6 modding so it is far from perfect and it was more of a learning mod for me. I only just got around to finishing it after resolving the breathing issue.

NOTE: the unit data is based on a test unit and not balanced so you will need to edit its data if you wan't to use as is.

View attachment 472174

Read more about this resource...

Great work @Wolfdog and good that they can be recoloured using Tint Colors. :)

First off, great job on all the unit assets, Wolfdog! I have a request/recommendation...is there any way you could create a modern infantry unit/asset based on the Australian SASR from Deliverator's MOAR mod, that would be in addition to the Mechanized Infantry unit (in other words, wouldn't replace mech infantry)? I have no idea how to mod and every time I try to edit some of the xml files (copy/paste), I end up screwing up the game and having to replace the files and revert back to the originals. I love MOAR and I really like your Leopard and Stealth bomber assets as well, and I would love to have modern infantry units available that look like modern foot soldiers with modern gear that could fight with mech infantry. I figure it would be a lot easier for you to post something like that rather than have amateurs like me accidentally destroying our files in desperation lol. Thanks!

Yes I can do that. I am actually doing it anyway as part of a mod I am working on to add some of the units I have made as an add on to MOAR. Hopefully I should have it out in a week or so.

I should have something in the next couple of days. I got set back a bit with the latest patch.

1. Is this one based on late Imperial French Line Infantry/ 3rd Republic era ones, or American Civil war ones (which Civ franchises often represents Riflemen with that appearance)
2. Which model proportions do you uses? realistic as in Civ5 or heroic 'SD' as in Civ6?
3. Is it 'one piece' model or can be disassembled and reassembled to make different units or different appearances (I've saw that there was a mod making tool for Civ6 that permits new unit creations via assembly). like if I want to add cavalry with kepi like that in addition to Napoleonic ones.

1. It is the generic Rifleman from Civ 5 and is horrible. This is one of my first attempts at Civ 6 unit conversion and I would suggest you do not use it. Deliverator's Rifleman is much better and looks like it belongs in Civ 6.
2. This is Civ 6 cartoonie proportions. I took the Civ 5 mesh and put it on a Civ 6 skeleton (I think it was ages ago I did this) so it does not fit properly and some of the vertex groups are not accurate.
3. I think from memory it is in pieces so you should be able to change hats.

1. It is the generic Rifleman from Civ 5 and is horrible. This is one of my first attempts at Civ 6 unit conversion and I would suggest you do not use it. Deliverator's Rifleman is much better and looks like it belongs in Civ 6.

My Rifleman assets are available here.

^ Do they wear Kepi just like previous Civ games or Shako with green jacket like 95th Rifles?

If you click "View attachment" in the opening post you can see a screenshot.

Top Bottom