RIP W. Morgan Sheppard

Uberfrog

Deity
I was sorry to see via Twitter that William Morgan Sheppard, the narrator for Civ V and its expansions, died yesterday, as announced by his son:

https://twitter.com/mark_sheppard/status/1082129529844449282?s=21

Outside of Civ, he was known for his appearances in Star Trek and Max Headroom.

I thought he was an excellent voice for the game, and gave a nice theatrical edge to the tech quotes and intro sequences.

RIP

Last edited:
How odd. A few hours before seeing this, and without anything to prompt the thought, I was wondering who the voice actor was for Civ V. I knew IV was Leonard Nimoy and VI is Sean Bean... but I realized V either wasn't a celebrity or else wasn't someone I knew. Looking him up now, it was just the latter—I just wasn't familiar with him.

Not sure why I was thinking about him on the day it's announced he died.

How odd. A few hours before seeing this, and without anything to prompt the thought, I was wondering who the voice actor was for Civ V. I knew IV was Leonard Nimoy and VI is Sean Bean... but I realized V either wasn't a celebrity or else wasn't someone I knew. Looking him up now, it was just the latter—I just wasn't familiar with him.

Not sure why I was thinking about him on the day it's announced he died.

Can you give me a list of 7 different numbers that first come to your mind between 1 and 49 please?

Can you give me a list of 7 different numbers that first come to your mind between 1 and 49 please?

Let's see... 5, 14, 18, 27, 33, 41, 47.

Am I a psychic now? :lol:

Rest in Peace. While I prefer Civ6 in every way, this guy's voice was distinctive towards Civ 5's style. I was actually pretty sad to hear of his passing. I may have to play a final Civ 5 game in his honor. I just saw this on Steam news, and figured this would be the best place to give my respects.

I was sorry to see via Twitter that William Morgan Sheppard, the narrator for Civ V and its expansions, died yesterday, as announced by his son:

https://twitter.com/mark_sheppard/status/1082129529844449282?s=21

Outside of Civ, he was known for his appearances in Star Trek and Max Headroom.

I thought he was an excellent voice for the game, and gave a nice theatrical edge to the tech quotes and intro sequences.

RIP
Excellent...my thoughts go out to his family. I just listened to the tech blurbs spoken by him posted in the announcement. RIP, craftmaster....JS

Top Bottom