1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall on Mac?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by triang1e, Feb 7, 2018.

1. jpinoniemi

jpinoniemi Chieftain

2. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

Xplat for civ 6 is a total failure and Developers are cheating people by hiding the fact. Even if it is workabable, it may only work for a limited time as most of the time the window versus MAC version are out of sync. Even the developer answering queries in Steam for MAC are only workers and not customer and they are cowards to give frank answer.

3. Cacimbinhas

Cacimbinhas Chieftain

Bought R&F on my PC's Steam ac this afternoon. I found i can then stream it directly to my imac thru Steam. Its not perfect, bit it at least allows a chance to play with the new toys and will auto add on Mac as soon as it is released. Love it already.

4. CGPanama

CGPanama Chieftain

Fired up steam on my Mac and surprised to see a download from CivVI. Sure enough Rise and Fall loaded up just a moment ago.

iamliberal, doolar and oakdragon like this.
  5. gadgetfreaky

gadgetfreaky Chieftain

yep no annoucnements or anything
    it's out on steam- can confirm

6. flyyoufools

flyyoufools Chieftain

Just downloaded but I can't start a new game. When ever I set up a game and try to start it it just returns to the main screen. Anybody else had any luck?

7. jsurpless

jsurpless Chieftain

I'm having a lot of trouble and inconsistency with mods enabled... sometimes the game fails back to the main screen, others not...

8. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 Chieftain

Lol you must not play a lot of video games...

Updates kill mods. You should never update and expect the game to work right off the bat if you've got mods enabled. If you disable them, you'll realize that this game actually works quite well...

9. jsurpless

jsurpless Chieftain

Understood, just a bit surprised since it's been out for Windows for a while now...

10. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Modders are not miracle workers. Some mods do take a long while to update. CQUI for example is being worked on for R&F, especially because they updated it for vanilla first. So, yes, the rule is disable all mods when there’s an update and check each mod with their respective Steam, CivFanatic, etc. page for information.

EricTheGreat12 likes this.
  11. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 Chieftain

Doesn’t matter whether or not it’s Windows, Mac or Linux; updates still kill mods. A major update such as this one is guaranteed to ruin your mods, unlike a hotfix which is usually not too damaging for your mods.

12. jsurpless

jsurpless Chieftain

Definitely understood, seen a lot of mods being updated while waiting for R&F... in any case, as you said CQUI isn't working yet and 8 Ages of Pace/War seem to be causing issues as well (last updated 11/8/17)

13. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Now remember that Aspyr needs to release the other two patches now live for PC. But, we know that Firaxis will release another patch soon. So Mac users will continue to be out of synchronization. Strangely enough, today it was reported in the R&F General Discussion Thread that something was updated on the PC side. We don’t know what that was because there haven’t been any official news. At this point, cross platform will never happen or at least not for long periods of time. This has been said before but it is so sad to realize customers have been lied to.

14. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Not sure, but I suspect we Mac-Adders have the 'Vanilla' Patch that came out about the same time as the PC R&F. I had not pre-bought R&F, but when I fired up Steam early today a multi-Mb download immediately started. Just played with it a little, long enough to find that it had Pranged about half the Vanilla Mods I had. Then got the word that R&F was ready, downloaded that. Based on those two separate Downloads, I think we're 'only' missing the March R&F Patch.

15. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Great News! Now I just need some free time...

Ondolindë and iamliberal like this.
  16. iamliberal

iamliberal Chieftain

Hurray! I can’t wait for the weekend to buy and play it!

17. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Interesting, @Boris Gudenuf . You are right.

These are the chronology and the versions for each update. The one in red is the version number we are seeing on the main screen now. As expected and announced by Aspyr, they will release the March update later; I am guessing 1-4 weeks from yesterday. What I find encouraging is that Aspyr released the Base Game Update at the same time as the Hotfix patch (green colored) yesterday. However, my strategy from now on will be to play any future update from day one with Nvidia GeForce Now. I'm not willing to wait anymore. Then, when Aspyr has caught up, then I will probably play without it. However, I am still mad about Cross Platform. One year, five months and 12-13 days, I believe, that we have waiting for it. Unacceptable!

1.0.0.26 - Initial Release - October 21, 2016
    1.0.0.38 - 'Fall 2016' Update Patch - November 18, 2016
    1.0.0.56 - 'Winter 2016' Update Patch - December 20, 2016
    1.0.0.110 - 'Australian Summer 2017' Update Patch - February 23, 2017
    1.0.0.129 - 'Spring 2017' Update Patch - March 27, 2017
    1.0.0.167 - 'Summer 2017' Update Patch - July 27, 2017
    1.0.0.194 - 'Fall 2017' Update Patch - October 19, 2017
    1.0.0.216 - Base Game Update - Pre-R&F - February 8, 2018
    1.0.0.220 - Hotfix Patch - Post-R&F - February 13, 2018
    1.0.0.229 - 'March 2018 Developer Update' Patch - March 8, 2018

@Siptah, I hope you get to play it soon. It is loads of fun and more challenging. But for Civ VI, time is always of the essence.

Siptah likes this.
  18. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Ondolinde - Thank you very much for that Summary: I've put part of it on a post-it right next to my computer so I can track What I've actually got in Civ VI - and, yes, I know: Post-It Notes are so 'old school'. But hey, I turned 73 today (or, 2 turns in Ancient Era Civ VI, approximately) and have cleared the day to spend most of it with my shiny new Civ VI R&F...

19. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Happy birthday! And you have the perfect gift to help you enjoy your day with. What a treat!

679x likes this.
  20. Aspyr_Lucy

Aspyr_Lucy Chieftain