[R&F] Rise and Fall on Mac?

I've been a long time player of Civ on PC.
Now I have my first MacBook and have a couple of questions about patches (as I know these get done by Aspyr after Firaxis have developed for Windows first)...

So, as I understand it, Mac users are currently 1 patch behind Windows users, correct?
And... a new patch is about to come out for Windows users, so then we'll be either be 2 patches behind or 1 patch behind (depending on timing), correct?

How long do Mac users generally have to wait for updates after Windows users already have them? 2 Months or so?

This is what Aspyr-Blair had to say about the March Patch on the Steam Mac Thread: "Working on it! We dont have a hard target yet because there is a lot of code changes happening, but I can say that April is very unlikely." So, Nvidia GeForce One for me still!

One wonders whether sustaining the iOS version is consuming resources that would be better spent on supporting the MacOS version. I'll be more than a bit ticked if we fall two patches behind.

The balance changes in the patches are so far relatively big so if Mac are consistently a couple of patches behind going forward, it will be quite confusing to discuss here on the forum.

What examples of balance changes are you referring to?

The balance changes can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/march-2018-r-f-update-patch-notes.629910/

Also, it seems like Magnus Chopping will be nerfed in the upcoming patch. Magnus Chopping is a key mechanics currently (probably unintended), and it looks like Mac will be two patches behind for a while (a couple of weeks? A month?), meaning we will chopping like maniacs still while Windows users will be busy exploring the new mechanics.

What about 'Rise and fall' on iPad?

Are there any plans to port?

There is only unclear record on aspyr support:

Q: Where's the Rise and Fall expansion?

A: We hope to support the expansion in the future but cannot confirm timing or availability right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom