[Rise and Rule] Rising and Ruling

mythusmage

Prince
First, some technical notes:

World: Large

Barbarians: Sedentary (Fret not, the other civilizations should have no trouble rousing them to anger.)

Land Mass: Pangaea/40% land

Climate: Normal

Temperatures: Temperate

Era: 5 billion

Civ: American (They have a talent for not ticking off goodie hut inhabitants)

Difficulty: Regent

Production: Accelerated.

Screenshot, at the beginning

4,000bc, At the Very beginning

You'll note that it's a good location, with problems. The flood plains mean the new city will get tons of food. At the same time those same flood plains mean the new city will be hit by lots of plagues. There are also forests for building material, and hills and mountains to mine. How it all goes is for events to decide.

Addendum

We learn boating from the Apache. They do live near a river after all. Start building our first Tribal Guardsman and send the Ranger due south to see what he can see from the mountains down there. Start researching Scrape Mining.

3950bc It's Wet Out There!

We have reached the ocean. Our doughty rangers have discovered a humungously enormous lake full of foul tasting water. Guess we know where New York is going to be founded. (Foreshadowing: An advanced tribe had a different idea. Would you turn down a free city?)

I'm restricting myself to three screen shots per post. I have six more to go, so this thread should last for a total of 3 posts. Coming up; Our first riots, Hardy Clan off to found new city, and the Spanish teach us Pottery.

Personal Notes: You'll find that I have a few habits. Most important is that, whenever possible, my cities are established 5 tiles in a straight line apart. Means my civilizations don't use all the available tiles, but it gives me a neat and tidy civilization. It's one of the things that comes with being Aspers.

I also prefer to build Hardy Clans in RaR because they can build roads. That way new cities are connected to the mother city when established. Means I don't have to build workers just to connect cities and saves on resources and time in the long run.

BTW, if you think these posts could use a little punching up, tell me. I can always add a little flavor text.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 299
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 271
Update: My apologies, but I'm just not detail oriented enough to maintain this. It's part of my Aspergers, where I get all enthused about something and don't plan things out as I should. Maybe later, with another thread.

Top Bottom