Rise of mankind a new dawn problems.

imis4action

Chieftain
So hi everyone. I'ts my first post and i was wondering could you give me some tips for playing a new dawn? Technically it runs just fine without errors, but i'm very much overexposed with all the information and things in the mod. I've been playing civ4 for just a few months now and in the mod i dont know too many things in the game and how good or bad it is. I also read that religions have some different effects, but i dont seem to see it in the game. It would be awesome if somebody could write about the new things, explain them and give a little of their thoughts about it. I would also be happy if a guide to rise of mankind exists and somebody linked me to it. Sorry for my english (third language) and a wall of text.

each religion is now unique, each religious building gives different effects for the different religions, some temples give money, some give health, some give culture, some give a free promotion to units built in that city. Each religion also has an associated World Wonder to build, but only if your state religion is that specific one, you must be Jewish to build Masada, or Islam to build the Alhambra, or Christian to build King Richards Crusade.

I think Civilopedia (based on Sevopedia in this mod) provides you enough information to master the mod. Think of it as a wholly new game; experiment, explore and have fun by making decisions that are not godlike in effectiveness, but as if a mere human leader trying to lead his people. The feeling is there only for so long you discover all the fine details of the mod, so I would like to say you are in the best position when it comes to a authentic gaming experience, if you take a right mindset and attitude towards it... ;) Enjoy! :cool:

Get either horses or copper relatively quickly. They are essential for early protection, more so here than in vanilla as iron is quite a bit further away.

Top Bottom