Rise of Rome PBEM

in turn 1 the AI know nothing of world map so you can get insane deals with them in exchange for your territory map or world map.

ehm no alliances before turn 11: i dont know why this rule exist but it does seem to be default when other experienced play this scenario.

D

Daddy-O said:
1) Which bugs? But what ever - I'm OK with it if that is the rule.
2) Any reasons? But again if that is the rule - fair enough.
3) On Razing. My own cities? AI Cities? Your Cities? Please clarify.

1) The AI dont know the map on turn 1 and will do crazy deals just to get your territory map or world map. Its also easy for the major nations to ask minor nations into alliance without paying anything on turn 1. You can even demand money from them and ask them to join alliance.

2) I dont know why but the rule is being used in other scenarios as well

3) No razing of your own cities. Cities that you capture counts as "your own".

On rule 3, do you say we shouldn't raze cities when you've just captured them and are given the option to keep or raze them?

Tboy said:
On rule 3, do you say we shouldn't raze cities when you've just captured them and are given the option to keep or raze them?

sorry for my doublepost earlier......

Hmm intresting question T-boy. I didnt think of that. My opinion is that you should be able to raze if you conquer but if you choose to install new governor you may not raze later? What do you think?

P.S The scenario is much about war and CONQUEST. Not much left but ruins and stones to fight about if every nation raze their cities back and forth D.S

My opinion is that you should be able to raze if you conquer but if you choose to install new governor you may not raze later? What do you think?

I like that version of the rule, if we must have one. There is nothing wrong with burning the enemies cities and salting their fields.

Okay, we'll take that new version of the rule as well Drendor, and add another one: You may not raze cities of size 7 or more at any time. This would imbalance and mess up the game if they were razed.

Tboy said:
Okay, we'll take that new version of the rule as well Drendor, and add another one: You may not raze cities of size 7 or more at any time. This would imbalance and mess up the game if they were razed.

Unless you are a minor civ such as the goths.;) If minor civs can raze town that large, you obviously werent protecting your towns enough.

I agree to all the rules, except the razing one. i say we can raze all cities under size 7, if we so choose. can we get this started yet?

OK, I've made the turn order to go the quickest and stated all rules in the first post. I'd start the game, but I don't have TurdBurgler's or azzaman33's e-mail addresses. Could you please PM them to me ASAP so we can get this game started.

Hooray! At last I have all the e-mails! I've just sent out an e-mail to everyone with all the e-mail addresses and the turn order, and I'm just setting up the game. We've started at last!

Aaaaarrrgggg.... The game is making the turn order different, and I'm trying to mod it, but there are so many changes to make... Is it OK if we just use the turn order the game uses?

Tboy said:
Aaaaarrrgggg.... The game is making the turn order different, and I'm trying to mod it, but there are so many changes to make... Is it OK if we just use the turn order the game uses?

Yeah lets get this baby in the air!

We start properly at last!

GPS to Drendor.

Rome is on the march! Troops are already sailing to Sardinia, Corsica and Sicily to annex them for the glory of Rome. Soon the barbaric empire of Carthage shall fall.

gps--------> azzaman333

Alexander gather his veterans and leave for Persia......

Are we playing with accelerated production? My shield slots in my cities looked strange and everything was cheaper. Dont know if i like this.......

One more thing: When i tried to load the save I couldnt find it among my saved games eventhough i had no problem to download it, and the savefile was visible when i checked the conquest//saves folder in windows.
When i was to load the game i typed RoR.001 manually and the game loaded.
Very strange........

Accelerated production is built into the game. Don't understand your save problem though, makes no sense, you might want to check it out in the C3C bug reports forum.

Tboy said:
Accelerated production is built into the game. Don't understand your save problem though, makes no sense, you might want to check it out in the C3C bug reports forum.

I play another RoR scenario without accelerated production. But this will be intresting.... (generally i dont like accel prod though)

I will check the bug report forum... (we are playing v 1.22 right?)

Top Bottom