RK-06: SGOTM3 Practice (Warlords)

Nah, I should have noticed on the inherited turns the maths preference myself but I wasn't any good with remembering GP's tech preference. So how about all 3 of us take the blame?

Our uber-top-secet move will of-course be trying to do a philo lightbulb without learning Maths ... :mischief: ... it confuses the AI, so they don't know what we are trying to do, and therefore attempt to second guess us by switching their tech research to match ours, thus allowing us to maintain the tech lead.

:D

Kind of wonder sometimes since it seems to happen one turn before you get it. There probably is some kind of algorithim that is tuning into the players moves and research.

How about when the AI scouts you and you know the he's found a weak city and is going to target it. Once he moves away, you reinforce it then he declares war (not having scouted a second time to see your reinforcements) and then decides to attack another city that is poorly defended. I mean not by moving close enough to see but strategically from get go head there and avoid the reinforced city. mmmmm make you wonder.....

Well in my last game Victoria was like, "hey, why does RK have Education AND Philosophy... a-ha! going for liberalism eh? declare war!" then 14 turns later, "Victoria is the first to discover Liberalism". :lol:

Ok my mistake that time was trying to get Astronomy as the free tech, I should've settled with Nationalism.

Robo Kai said:
I played another archipelago game, and I have some extra thoughts:

2. Compass + Currency early is a good boost to trade routes.

Try thowing a great lighthouse into the equation and watch the synergy (especially with the expansionist trait for cheaper harbours).

PS: Got one spot left?

Sure you are in; you play after Furrie.
edit: not :)

Roster, updated:
RK (on deck for 20)
remconius
Ralph_Jackson
Cosmichail
Furrie (up for 20)
Greyfox (swapped by me, just played)

stupid me
i just realized you were playing the warlords version.
i guess i can't play.

duh!

I guess 2 wonders really come into their own on this variant...
1) The Great Lighthouse
2) That new one .. forget its name ... temple something that doubles trade route gain...

Forget about the Great Lib, these two wonders. Build or captured will MAKE OR BREAK this SGOTM I think.

I am out sick from work, so I had a stab at this practice game in SP. Without spoiling to much, one of the direct neighbours build the Great Lighthouse for me. I captured it and it immediatly saved a full turn of research on the current tech.
I didnt play it thru tho :(

...Furrie seems to be away!
OK because Greyfox said so, free-for-all authorized! Anyone from the roster or VQ pick up and play immediately! (Except if you just played :lol:)

Of course, if it's just you playing it would be just be in Stories and Tales or Strategy and Tips instead of here in Succession Games, right? :D

If no one picks up in 8-10 hours, I'll get to pick up and play.

Once again, SGOTM3 Practice is now an Open Succession / Free-For-All.

Just here to say i'll need skips in all SG to atleast next week Tuesday (28 November).
I'm just too buzy with real life and studies now, i'm sorry you guys need to miss me.

Aw, it's OK. We'll welcome you back.

Turn 131:
Taoism spreads to Tarsus, a Persian city
Novgorod finishes Archer, starts Granary
Victoria is apparent Confucian founder

Turn 132:
Bismarck converts to Judaism
Cyrus converts to Taoism
Taoism spreads to Sparta

Turn 133:
St. Pete's finishes Archer, starts Taoist Monastery
St. Pete's runs 2 scientists
Alex converts to Taoism
Wow... we have 2 friends... for now.

Turn 136:
Research: Monarchy -> Metal Casting
We still have a chance for Colossus. Harbors can wait.

Turn 137:
Moscow: Settler -> Taoist Monastery

Turn 138:
Hatty converts to Confucianism

Turn 142:
Found Rostov in south island (a Rice Pig Crab site when the borders expand)
Rostov: -> Worker

Turn 143:
Meet Monty who's Buddhist but not the founder

Turn 144:
Taoism spreads to Ecbatana (Persia)
Taoism spreads to Ning-hsia (Mongolia)
Taoism spreads to Calixcahuaca (Aztec)

Turn 145:
Genghis converts to the Tao of Pooh
Improve relations with GK by gifting him backward techs
Taoism spreads to Hamburg

Turn 148:
Meet Gandhi, founder of Hindu
Start revolt to Hereditary Pacifism.

Turn 150:
Meet Tokugawa :p

Russia at 250BC:

In hindsight:
1. Alphabet isn't as useful as it should be.
2. I should've built another settler or worker in Moscow.
3. Or I should've whipped a temple in Moscow and run a priest to hopefully generate a prophet for a shrine to spread Taoism faster.

Roster:
RK (just played)
remconius
Ralph_Jackson
Cosmichail
Furrie (autoskip)
Greyfox

Open succession! Anyone in roster or team VQ may pickup provided they didn't just play. Just play fast.

Let's set a rule:
Strict after Got It, 3 hours to Play.

Wow 3 hours. So if you got it you have only 3 hours??? Ok I know Philippines is tropical and all and that green stuff grows wild but hey no sampling you. You might be shooting yourself in the foot so to speak since maybe no one can do that for reasons of RL/work you know those things that get in the way. So then nobody picks it up now for a while. Why not continue with roster saying remconius is up and if someone decides to take it with those parameters then they say "got it" fine. For the player that is up they should have let's say more than half of the normal time 12/12 which is more reasonable and more likely that you will double your odds of someone picking it up. Don't narrow your perimeters too tight otherwise it won't move at all so I suggest the following if I may:

Roster:
RK (just played)
remconius - UP
Ralph_Jackson - on deck
Cosmichail
Furrie (autoskip)
Greyfox

got it in 6 hours play in 12 hrs. If another player says got it before the UP players picks it up they must play within 3 hours. Then when the UP player is ready you have doubled the speed of play. Remconius is pretty good and probably turn it around quicker and likewise the rest of us. But if am up and must play in 3 hrs after got it that's too quick unless I have nothing to do or decide to grab it before an up player. Does that make sense.

I would also add that as it is a practice game I would swap slower progress and not finishing in exchange for more time to discuss startegy as thats the way we can improve performance in the SGOTM

Ralph

I agree with you Ralph discussing strategy would be good too rather than racing thru the game.

I would make it to the 500-1000 AD's at least though. We're not even close. :D

Ok forget what I said about 3 hours to play, just say when you are "playing now" to avoid others picking up the game. :thumbsup:

Finally, we can discuss the rest of our strategy in the actual team thread for confidentiality. :lol:

Top Bottom