"Road to City State" mission

Pep

King
Don't you think the "build a road to a City State" mission should be tweaked. I have 2 complaints:
  • Sometimes the CS demanding the road is far away from you, so it's not worth it (see the minimap at my attached image).
  • After building the road it's a good idea to pillage it, because you're paying the maintenance costs (unfun micromanagement).

I think this could be changed by:
  • A CS only offers you the "road to" mission if you're a few tiles away from it.
  • As long as the road is connected to the CS, you receive a gold income (similar to having an open borders treaty with the CS). This extra gold should be enough to pay the road maintenance cost but not very high.

Attachments

• road_to_Brussels.jpg
    road_to_Brussels.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 96
Not to mention, it doesn't work if Harbors are involved.

I suggested something similar a while back: make CS yields :)c5food:, :c5culture: or :c5war:) be less by a third unless there was a valid road connection between the CS and a civ's capital. The gold option could work as well.

@Seek, Love that idea. It would be cool if it could be complimented with a mechanic making AI's super sensitive to somone buggering with their "Connected" CS's as well. Moreso than they do now with regular CS's.

How would that work with island city states? I doubt they would be intelligent enough to build harbors...

How would that work with island city states? I doubt they would be intelligent enough to build harbors...

That's probably a big reason why Thal never implemented the idea!:lol:

The citystate quest system is mostly hardcoded in the game core, inaccessible with our current modding tools. However, the opportunity system I created gives us the option to create an entirely new mission-driven quest system to replace the current one. I put that on hold until after G&K.

Top Bottom