[GS] Rock band generating huge amounts of gold

TheBlueKing

Chieftain
Rock band mechanism is not working well.

"Legengds of rock" started performing well, best or near best performance all the time. So they got 3 promotions and one of them was to generate gold from 50% of generated tourism. They were generating from 20,000 to 40,000 tourism with each performance, which resulted in massive amounts of gold each turn e.g. 10,000 to 20,000 gold per turn.

That is simply unrealistic and seems like needs fixing.

Rock band mechanism is not working well.

"Legengds of rock" started performing well, best or near best performance all the time. So they got 3 promotions and one of them was to generate gold from 50% of generated tourism. They were generating from 20,000 to 40,000 tourism with each performance, which resulted in massive amounts of gold each turn e.g. 10,000 to 20,000 gold per turn.

That is simply unrealistic and seems like needs fixing.

The only contrary observation I could make is that Rock Bands appear to be designed to help the player finish off a Culture Victory that has otherwise been dragging on, and this will certainly help finish off the win quickly.

Imagine if they got a Faith boost instead of the Gold boost? Then they could spawn all kinds of tribute bands!

Yes, I did win culture victory very quickly after they started performing. It is just that promotion for gold bonus does not look right.

One more problem with this, played as Mansa Musa, had plenty of gold and I was also suzerian of city state that gives 20% discount when buying land units with gold. That and other few discounts allowed me to buy land units like modern armor army for zero gold. Obviously not working as intended, as bonuses should not accumulate to 100% discount.

Yes, I did win culture victory very quickly after they started performing. It is just that promotion for gold bonus does not look right.

One more problem with this, played as Mansa Musa, had plenty of gold and I was also suzerian of city state that gives 20% discount when buying land units with gold. That and other few discounts allowed me to buy land units like modern armor army for zero gold. Obviously not working as intended, as bonuses should not accumulate to 100% discount.
Rock bands go extremely well with Mali, which allows Mali to go for diplomatic victory using Rock Bands.

Top Bottom