Romans vs Cathrage, Egypt, and Vikings (on and off)

General Rommel

Chieftain
I was playing the Europe map and started on the Italian penisula. I had spread out on it and a little bit to the right of itinto greece when I could no longer advace due to the egyptians. They were a huge nation (covered all of the upper part of the map the only section they didn't have was the lower part and where i was at) and I had allied up with them earlier. The alliance was only for my protection because they had such a huge army and I had 1 rifleman in every one of my cites and the was it. I was very peaceful until I met the Vikings who declared war on me when I met them (they attacked my settlment in greece). I started building an army to go invade them when I ran into Carthrage. They didn't really seem to like me and we had an uneasy peace going on. Well I tried to land on the Afrika (i think its upper Afrika) and Carthrage was in the way. So I attacked them and captured 2 cities then tried to get a cease fire. They said no. So now I was attacking the Vikings and the Carthigians with an army only meant to get a peace with the vikings. I had the big advatage over tehm tech wise but quanity over quality. I soon started losing ground and was now defending my 2 cities on the coast. Well I figured that part of the world was lost to me so I should just go and focos on building a REAL army. Well I started to and then BOOM I realized how I could attack and defeat any country I wanted (but that will come later). I tried to get a peace between myself and Vikings and Carthigains but they just wouldn't say yes. Well they stopped attacking my 2 cities and started on each other. Well as this was going on I gave my ally (Egypt) railroad and waited until he built it every where. Then researched MOBILE WARFARE AND LABOR UNION. Well everyone else was either still messing with Dragoons or Calvary so I made a plan to invade egpyt in the year 1924. But they were about to be able to research mobile warfare so I decieded attack them with my small army. Now before I attacked I looked at the intelligence report on them and everyone else. It was I had and army or 26 units (6 were tank units 20 more were rifleman who had to defend my cities), the Egpytians had 84 units, the Vikings 34, and the Carthigians 41 units. Well I was the 2nd biggest nation but only had really 6 units to attack with (Dam Democracy can't support huge armies). Well I had to attack now and try to build units as the war went on. But I was dealing with a Pollution problem also so I had to build mass transit stuff to. Food was becoming scarce so I also had to build engineers to make it farmland and had to build super amrkets everywhere. So I was only gonna be able to re enforce my units as they died. Well I started my attack with 2 tanks going into Greece (going right away from my capital in the Italian penusila) and had 4 more going up and to the left. Well I quickly overwelmed the Egpytians and my senate was letting me contiune my "peace keeping". Well I over ran all of the left side very easy, but at the 3rd city on the left I was stopped cold. No units (tanks) had been lost but I had to stop and retreat to heal them up (they were both red). So the Egyptians pushed me back to the first city I took from them, but I held it. I conquered up to the vikings cities and then stopped and dealt with all the partisians I left behind. They were tearing up the raliroads and irragtion. So I built more tanks from the newly aquired cities and destoryed them all. This was all within 15 turns. I had only gotten 6 more tanks form my "Old State" and had gotten about 8 more from the Egyptian cites (some were still building). I stopped my attack and my senate forced a peace with the Egyptians!! I was pissed. They had no army, at all and no techs that could help them beat me. So I switched goverments. Anarchy let me break the cease-fire and I resumed my attack. Well then the Vikings signed a alliance with the Carthagians and started attacking my cities in Afrika. So I made a "Afrika Corps" and started to beat both the Viking and Carthigians armies back. Now I had an army of about 20 tanks and 4 Mech infantry. I soon discovered flight and started building my Airforce. (o yea I went to Communsim cuz I didn't have Fundimenalsim reserched yet) I was now fighting a "4 front war" (2 fronts in afrika 2 fronts fighting egypt but really in afrika it should only count as one front so maybe just 3 fronts). I had no navy, and Airforce of 2 planes and a Ground Army of 21 tanks and 6 MI's. I sigined a peace treaty with the Egyptians (i couldn't expand anymore with out building up my army super fast) and so i shifted 8 of 14 tanks on the egptian fronts to Afrika. I then attacked the Vikings with them and conquered them in 9 turns. I then turned around mopped up the Partisians and conquered the Carthagians in 7 turns. So of coarse I moved my army back up to Egypt and finished them off. I think that it was awsome that I could win a war with less than 1/4 of all my enemys armies put together. It all started with 6 tanks to. I just think that that is the GREATEST victory i've ever done. Well tell me what you think, and ask me any questions dealing with war stratigies and objectives in your game. I love just coming up with the strats to beat a rivil nation!!!

Well I played another game kinda like this one, and won again. This time i beat the computers before the year 1950. Last time I was cutting it close. This time i think it was in the 1920's.

Top Bottom