Rome

ziamatt

Chieftain
Is Rome supposed to start ar war with every other civilization? I'm trying to play as Carthage but noticed as soon as Rome spawned I noticed I was at war with them. No city-flipping or declarations of war. We just started at war. Same thing happened when Rome came into contact with Greece. No declaration of war of any kind, they just sort of started at war. Is this supposed to happen? If not, how do I fix it?

This is a new feature, it is supposed to happen.

Nope; it happens between civ which are "supposed" to war, like ROme/Carthage, China/Mongols...

It's something random; it does not happen all the time, and only for some specific couples of civs.

All right, thanks for the help! I was really confused. Wasn't sure if I'd have to reinstall RFC or what. Thanks again!

I'm unclear on this new feature: I thought the autowar civilizations were random? Are they actually on purpose to make the spawn more historical?

Yes they are random, for historical reasons and gameplay reasons.
But some civs get them a lot more often then others, America\England, Aztec\Maya, Persia\Babylon. For example I don't think there's a chance that China would start at war with America ever.

There's an Aztec/Inca too, which doesn't really make sense.

I don't like it, purely because if the game started with an autowar, the civilization on the receiving end of the declaration doesn't get the free military units any more.

Is there a way that can be fixed?

Well from a player point of view (as in you are a civ which is far away, say England for Mongolia-China autowar), It doesn't really matter that the new civ doesn't get some extra units, it is far more important that the AI will declare war more often which will lead to more historical things (such as Mongolia conquering China, or Rome attacking Carthage and Greece).

I have. Maybe the Nargles were behind it.

Well from a player point of view (as in you are a civ which is far away, say England for Mongolia-China autowar), It doesn't really matter that the new civ doesn't get some extra units, it is far more important that the AI will declare war more often which will lead to more historical things (such as Mongolia conquering China, or Rome attacking Carthage and Greece).
Of course, however it would be nice if the extra units idea stayed the same whether the war is 'forced' or not :)

The last six times I've made an Aztec start I've not been at autowar with Inca. I've not seen this autowar under 1.186.

Aztecs only have the Mayans on their list, and if I did my math right, it only happens 20% of the time if one of them is player-controlled.

Of course, however it would be nice if the extra units idea stayed the same whether the war is 'forced' or not :)

Giving them extra units might make things too deterministic, however. Imagine receiving 4 additional Legions at the start of the game: what would you do with them? Attack or defend?

The AI hardly needs to ask.

this feature is quite bad for babylon, cuz persia starts auto war with like 15+ combination of chariots and immortals

Top Bottom