Rouge Sages

The day had come. The marraige between Diutus Lifespanius and Helena d'Atrou had been arranged.

Diutius led the grand procession to the door of Atrous to receive his bride. Flower petals lie at the feet of citizens from all castes as the lined the streets and filled the plaza to watch the ceremony.

All had gone well and after the agreements were stamped, Diutius displayed the ring. Everyone had expected a ring of intricately woven hemp, but knowing the wisemen of Fanatica, Diutius kept up with modern technology. This was a ring of bronze, the first ever to be used in a marraige ceremony. In it were carved the letters representing the words of "sempiterna amor". All eyes were on the ring.

Diutius looked at Helena and with a humble voice says "Without beginning, without end..."

The crowds erupted with a cheer that was heard for miles. The ceremony had ended and it was time for the feast. Sage Atrous gave his blessing and transferred authority of Helena to Diutius. Briefus and Katra look on with pride. Helena looks to the skies in search of her mothers eyes. All is well in Noshuret.

Diutius and Helena are wisked away by the royal guards in the guise of the procession. Most of the royal family has left the feast for private gatherings, leaving the feast to the citizens.

A woman makes her way into the Rouges Inner Sanctum, demanding to see the head of the council.

Freya-- I am Freya and I come with this She takes her arm out of the heavy skins that clothe her and streches it out for all to see, a necklace of stone and bones dangles from her hand, exactly like the one belonging to Izcoatl I found your Rouge in the wild, he was old and tired... he has passed. Before his death he burdened my life with a mission, to come here, to you and join your council, to continue the work he had begun. He and I are one now... I am Freya Izcoatl and I have come for my rightfull place along side the Rouges!

The day after the wedding (and what a glorious night is was...) Diutius and Helena send a huge bouquet to the DiSaaMuel family, thanking them for their kindness.

Diutius then again seeks an audiance with Sage Atrous. "I come to you now with all due respect as the father of my bride, chief council of the Rouge Sage, and Despot of Fanatika. As you well know, Helena and I will be moving to Gorina, the great city to the Southwest, in which we as a couple share future holdings. I am here to seek your approval of my proclamation as Proconsul of Gorina. We wish to govern the city in your name, to help bring your rule to new lands. To place your doctrine on the new Settler groups that will leave Gorina for the creation of new cities, yet unkown. Please, Sage Atrous, allow me to be your Proconsul in Gorina. I will serve you well.

Also, even though I have felt as an honorary member all my life, I wish to join the ranks of the Nacarat Order in the Rouge Sage. I would be honored to have this Order of Sages represented in the government of Gorina, again in your name. That is all, my liege. I seek your favor in these two areas. Please take your time as I shall await your response." He then rises, bows slightly and leaves. On his way out, he nods at his father, who smiles back.

Atrous: I'll do you one better. You shall be known as the Prince of Gorina, and you shall rule in my name.

Spetimus Nero:

I would like to be a rouge as well. Even tough I usually dont join groups it would be nice to talk to other people with the same interests... It would also be nice to teach others in my skills of the nature...

Hearing this, Diutius stops dead in his tracks. A smile upon his face. With a military "about-face", he spins on his heel and marches right back to the Despot's throne.

"May the Gods be with you, Sage Atrous. I am to be the second Prince of Fanatica. I am honored, nay...overwhelmed by delight. Your wishes for Gorina will come to fruition by all the powers vested in me. Again, thank you.

I must go now, for I am to arrange for a statue made of bronze to be made of your image. We will take it to Gorina with us, and place it before our Palace, so that each day we will be reminded of your glory."

Again, Diutius turns and heads for the door. What a WEEK this has been.

Lauren returns home from a busy day hunting and speaking. She takes off her moccasins and is delighted to see a large boquet of flowers from Helena and Diutius. She is glad that the odd language which seems to have been conved to her through the trees has brought sunshine to the hearts of the newlyweds. She is also glad that she dosent have to wear this friggin Tiara unless she is at any and all court functions. She goes to the next hut over to see her sons and their children and considers herself lucky to have lived so long. With that, she takes Kate with her and begins teaching her how to maniplulate men and speak with a proper Roman accent.

(OCC- I know this had nothing to do with anything, but it hadnt been since 2AM EST that there had been a post here)

Briefus enters the chambers of Sage Atrous and asks to speak with him privately.

"Sage Atrous, I have troubling news. It seems we may have opposing forces on the far SW horizon, beyond the mountains. These forces are lead by an enemy that Fanatica has seen before, an enemy which may only be known to you."

Sage Atrous is very elderly, yet remains competant. He sits up in his throne and thinks a moment, a finger held against his chin. "Hmmm, only known to me you say...it must be a very old aquaintance."

Briefus moves closer to the Despot. "I have just received word from my son, Prince Diutius, that some of his men have been approached while stationed in Gorina. The message says these agents of the enemy say that an attack is eminent and that his men were asks to aboandon their oaths to you and join forces with the enemy. These agents are looking for traitors, who will swear loyalty to our foes." Briefus checks the room visually... "We must send covert agents into the Gorina lands to weed out these solicitors of evil. We must also do that here in Noshuret. We must also put together strong armies of Warriors, Archers, and Spearmen to send to Gorina to stop the attack before it reaches the Capital."

Sage Atrous grows impatient. Yes, yes, yes. I agree, contact Gontskius Maximillian II. He's Leader of the Jade Commandos. He will muster our forces, and our land owners must raise troops also....but tell me now, who is this enemy?

Briefus moves closer still, "The message says it is none other than Nero Viviano, cousin of the previos Despot, Markus Viviano. I fear only you know him well enough to anticipate his moves. Word has it he is still in command of his facilities but is over-come by his hatred of our Empire because his did not fare as well. I've heard tales of when his father broke away from the rest of our tribe and swore to start his own Empire. Obviously his plans did not come to fruition.

I realize you are tired my liege, and do not want a war. But it will be coming our way soon. We need you to tell us about him and use your wisdom to foresee his motives and military plans. We need you to grant us armies, so that we may defend your honor. The people await you Sage Atrous.

Once again, Briefus approaches Sage Atrous.

"Sage Atrous, I come to you now as student and friend, as a servant and comrade, as a peer and as family. You have ruled this land mercifully, and with vision. You have listened as well as you have spoken. Your people support you and adore you. I am proud to be one of your citizens.

We both grow old now.Our days are soon to pass. I come to you now, for the first time, to ask for land. I see that you have given Diutius and Helena the 12 lots of land in and around Gorina. I ask that you grant me the rights to the three hills that separate their lands and Noshuret. In my last remaining days, I shall raise troops to combat Nero Viviano. After I pass, I would like to leave control of the hills to Marcus, my second son. This will not only solidify their place in History, but also help to bring them together as they would own lands adjacent to one another. Grant me these rights, Sage Atrous, and you shall have both Diutius and Marcus fighting for you against the Viviano clan. I too, will join the battle" says Briefus as he lowers his head.

Atrous: Good Sir Briefus, I will grant your son these lands. We will not be overcome by a few warriors from a distant city.

I guess it does get confusing, doesn't it?

Character: Briefus Lifespanius

"Many thanks, Atrous." He hands the Despot a goblet of wine and lifts his own. "A toast to you, and your reign over the people of Fanatica."

As I have been a member of the Rouge Sage for so many years, this seems like a second home. Therfore this seems to be the appropriate place to announce this happy occasion.

There is to be a double wedding for my twins, Marcus and Mellita.
Marcus will be marrying Ribeena, daughter of Maximillian Gontskius II. Mellita will be marrying Walter, son of Lauren.

The wedding will be held immediately, so as to get on with the conflict. May they all be happy...

Gontskius Maximillian II and his daughter Ribeena hurried into the bustling city of Noshuret, along with Katie, who wanted to see her brother's wedding. Arrangements were made, preparations were done, and the logistics of the Double Wedding started to come together.

All of the Sages from all of the different Orders were in attendance. Any Nobles still in town were sure to be there. It was a great event, even if it was in the shadow of the threat of a barbarian attack. Briefus Lifespanius and his wife Katra were brought in to the ceremony, although their state of mind since Atrous had passed on was one of non-involvement.

The ceremony went as planned, without a hitch. Brass rings were now commonplace among the Nobility, and were handed (pun intended) out appropriately. Flowers were strewn everywhere as Mellita along with her new husband Walter Roberts, and Marcus along with his new bride Ribeena strode off to the customary gathering after a wedding. A small feast was held for those who attended.

The next day, Katie and Gontskius Maximillian II left for Gorina. The newlyweds took a brief vacation.

Top Bottom