1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rouge Sages

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Plexus, May 1, 2003.

1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

The "Oral Tradition" was commonplace before writing. Right now, we have the Alphabet and Warrior Code. So, you can have some sense of order, but not refined in an organizational sense. Since, that requires Code of Laws.

2. Reddwarfian

Reddwarfian E're now! Whats all this?

That's right. We're just a bunch of people who get together on a regular basis for "Philisophical Debates." People come and go as they please! We don't even have an official name yet! We don't need no stinking order!

3. Chieftess

Nope, no Philosophical Debates until Philosophy.

4. Reddwarfian

Well [Censored]

Alright, then we talk about what we can do to help this communtiy, and make at a better place, HAPPY?!?

No offense...

5. Reddwarfian

Upon further inspection, it appears that we have Warrior Code.

Continue.

6. Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin Lore Master

:nono: for history you have to wait for writting, at least. For a "proper school" you'll need education, unless of course you want something like the academy in ancient Greece, for that, wait for math and writting. Natural history? until Railroad (Darwin)

EA

7. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

We have can be orators. Thats basically it.

8. Chieftess

Actually, you CAN have history. Just use symbols. We have the Alphabet.

For example:

The first symbol is a despot, or ruler (the object represents the object that the despot is known by - a valued possession for example).
    The 2nd is land, which is shown as 3 green bars. There's 3 sets of them.
    The 3rd is a lake (1 line is a river).
    4th is a hand = a possesion.

Translated: The ruler owns 3 pieces of land.

The 4th is a new sentence - for a commoner, or peasent. (villager)
    the triangle (5th) is a promotion symbol, and the line in the middle means by 1.

Translated: The villager was promoted a rank.

(had it been a gentry, then the gentry was promoted to high gentry).

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

History = His story. History went all the way back to cave paintings and drawings. If someone talked about his painting to his family and friends, he was teaching them. Philosophical discussions always existed. when two cavemen got together to split roasted rabbit, and pointed to the sky when lightening struck close by, they where having a philosophical discussion. Verbal recollection of the past and things that are present or might be in the future have always been around.

First you people say you want less rules, then you slam things that others want to do claiming newly made up and bogus rules.

How do you think any form of higher government came to be before someone stood up and said "this is philosophy"? People sat down and examine the past and the present and set up a philosophical structure to suppose what might be in the future, no matter how brief that time lapse may be.

Quit making rules.

10. Chieftess

Everyone! Please look in the event thread to see if your character has died or not. 13 turns have passed in the demogame.

11. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Anita Bath: I would love to join this worthy organization. I will join the Nacarat branch of the Rouge Sages, after the death of John W. Boots.
    The High Sage falls unconsious because of the stench of Anita. He is revived quickly by herbal medicines.

12. Reddwarfian

Well Celia's Dead. I didn't notice that part in the rules. I guess I'll have to check on that.

13. TNG

TNG Sad, sad little man

Felicia ia gone.

14. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

Fellow sages, we must stand up against this new and terrible ruler, he is not the wise and caring past dictator! He is a sham, a devil.

15. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Anita: In all due respect to your greatness, you are 29 years old. It would be impossible for you to live another chat, yet our new leader is young and strong, and he will probably survive the next one, providing he survives the power struggle. We cannot have you as our despot, maybe another leader, but not you.

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Elenora Atrigo will join the challenge against the ruler... dearest Sage Atrous, greatest of the leaders, master of the world..... lead us to a new and better world!
    Elenora stands up and follows Sage Atrous to challenge the dictator

17. naervod

naervod My current user title

Romana Decimus will take the place of her deceased mother and stand up against the ruler. We need to make this world safe to live in!

18. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Nikos and Krisso Ginakis would like to join the Philosphical wing and help bring power to this guild.

19. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Elenora: ALL SAGES! We must down the tyrannt and install a worthy despot! The false leaders who reached the throne through unrighteaous doings are dommed to be razed!

Support our Sage Atrous in getting dictatorship! NOW!

20. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Briefus has been following the sages since he was young :) . He believes in their goals. He now sees Atrous in a position worthy of his deeds, but this position seems challenged by lesser men. This will not happen! I will come to the aid of Atrous and the other Sages.

Briefus runs to catch up with the new despot. "Sage Atrous, I come to defend your title as our new leader and I also wish to become a Sage. Enlist me in the Nacarat Order, and I will prove my worthiness to the others immediately :D .

Briefus goes over to Anita Bath and with one swift movement of his right hand, picks her up about 3 feet in the air and drops her in the trough they are passing, with a "splash".

"I stand at your side, Sage Atrous, and all of those who support you." Briefus joins the growing crowds as they bolster the leader's position...