Runtime error on Load Game

tonberry

Emperor
I've created a thread in the Bug forum but I think it's more appropriate here.

Link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10398022#post10398022

Every info are in the above thread but to resume the situation:

Each time I click on Load Game, I got this crash:

I've contacted Take2 and we went over everything: graphic card and directx update, reinstalling the game, checking firewall, etc. but nothing will do.

The only way I don't get the crash is by putting steam online which is not a good solution for me as I want to unlock acheivement.

So if anyone can give me some help, that will be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2.4 Ghz
6gb ram
nvidia GeForce GT 330M

When did this first happen? I am curious if you go into windows and restore windows to a time before the error. It does not sound like it is either steam or V, but the way windows is handling the game when online. BTW, Each time there is a patch, it seems I have to verify a larger amount of files. I also have a virus on my laptop. If there is malware that is redirecting html, that may be something to look into.

It's a fresh Windows installation. I had an anti-virus but I've uninstalled it when I found it could conflict with Steam (it didn't change anything however)

As for files verification, yeah, I've done that, over and over again. It keep founding missing files even after hours of doing it. Eventually, it was clean but the game still crash and when I try to check file integrity again, it found new files to be missing. I just don't get it, it doesn't seem to end.

I would try swapping memory cards then. Maybe one of them has a glitch. If it is a new system, maybe even the integrated network controller has a glitch, that windows is getting hung on. If it works fine offline, then you have to narrow it down to the components that deal with a network connection. If it is hooked up to a modem via usb and not on a network, then try a different usb cable or port.

Top Bottom