ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

I've run the numbers, and the Olmecs rival Byzantium in Sacred Sites Cheese. It's amazing. Looks like a really simple yet fun Civ that can go both tall and wide, and it is very good at Tourism.

The Olmec now have YNAEMP support!

I'll be extending this support to the rest of my mods over the next week!

Yay! Now i can play a native America game.

Lanna is now updated with YNAEMP and core cultural diversity support!

Andorra is now updated with YNAEMP and the core of JFD's cultural diversity!

Andorra is now updated with YNAEMP and the core of JFD's cultural diversity!

Yay! Now. Now I'm going to play with those. I will try to use the UA for getting 3 social policies for free in one turn.
:D

Yay! Now. Now I'm going to play with those. I will try to use the UA for getting 3 social policies for free in one turn.
:D

Adopt ALL the policies!

I'll be updating Cromwell soon with support for YNAEMP and cultural diversity (and maybe one day, events and decisions, there's so many significant events to choose from! Do you execute Charles, or let him live?)

Another point is that I'd like to do the Mossi kingdoms at one point, but I'm struggling with a UA.

The way I see it, it'd be based off one of two aspects of this empire:

1. It never adopted Islam, but absorbed it into it's cultural traditions and native religion. So, a UA based around religious tolerance, or adopting the beliefs of others?

2. It wasn't a unified empire, it was a series of very small, but allied kingdoms that dominated a large chunk of west africa and expanded rather like an empire, challenging even the great Mali empire! A UA based around puppets perhaps?

I'd like it to have some sort of conquest focus, thanks!

P.S. it has the best capital name ever, "Ouagadougou"

I have an idea:

Mossi Resistance

There is a chance that upon founding a new city, the empire enters anarchy(chance increases with number of cities). Enemies following religion other then your own receive combat penalty in your territory. -33% religious pressure from another religions in your cities. -5% :c5unhappy: unhappiness in the capital per every city you founded that follows you religion(up to 30%). Cities following your pantheon belief have extra city :c5strength: combat strength.

I have an idea:

Mossi Resistance

There is a chance that upon founding a new city, the empire enters anarchy(chance increases with number of cities). Enemies following religion other then your own receive combat penalty in your territory. -33% religious pressure from another religions in your cities. -5% :c5unhappy: unhappiness in the capital per every city you founded that follows you religion(up to 30%). Cities following your pantheon belief have extra city :c5strength: combat strength.

That's a lot of things in a single UA.

I have an idea:

Mossi Resistance

Certainly an interesting UA, but I'd like it to be more focused on religious tolerance, the Mossi incorporated Islam into their ceremony, and allowed Imams to preach, but they never let it become a dominant religion.

I like the "less religious pressure" things, something that makes the Mossi very hard to convert to another faith!

Personally I think this'd look great as a Mossi civ:

And now, Spurious Scape Siv #4...

Burkina Faso (Yennenga)
Start Bias: Plains
UA: Etalons De La Reine
Units that require a specific Strategic Resource gain a +3% :c5strength: Combat Bonus when attacking for each excess copy of that Resource you possess. +2 :c5faith: Faith from Horses.
UU: Mossi (replaces Knight)
Higher :c5strength: Combat Strength than the Knight it replaces, faster, and starts with both Charge and a unique promotion, "Nakomse", which allows it to generate a small amount of :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith when Pillaging a tile. Vastly more expensive and cannot be bought with :c5gold: Gold.
UB: Na Possum Ground (replaces Colosseum)
+2 :c5happy: Happiness. +1 :c5faith: Faith per :greatworks: Great Work of Art in the City. Contains a slot for a Great Work of Art.
---
Explanations later when I am less of the tired.

Personally I think this'd look great as a Mossi civ:

There are some really great ideas here, I was thinking of maybe faith from pastures or something myself! Though I'll go with a different UU name of course >.<

I'll do some more reading into these proposed uniques and their historical context

Certainly an interesting UA, but I'd like it to be more focused on religious tolerance, the Mossi incorporated Islam into their ceremony, and allowed Imams to preach, but they never let it become a dominant religion.

I like the "less religious pressure" things, something that makes the Mossi very hard to convert to another faith!

Okay, i had an other idea as well:

Mossi Dominance

Receive no religious pressure from other religions via trade routes. Cities following your religion remain in resistance for 33% more time. -5% :c5unhappy: unhappiness per every city that follows religion other then your own(up to 25%). Receive no religious pressure from civilizations that you are in war with. Receive the pantheon belief of civilizations you are friends with(may not receive more then 2 beliefs at the same time).

Okay, i had an other idea as well:

Mossi Dominance

Receive no religious pressure from other religions via trade routes. Cities following your religion remain in resistance for 33% more time. -5% :c5unhappy: unhappiness per every city that follows religion other then your own(up to 25%). Receive no religious pressure from civilizations that you are in war with. Receive the pantheon belief of civilizations you are friends with(may not receive more then 2 beliefs at the same time).

I like some of the ideas there, but I came up with something:

When founding a religion or pantheon, you may chose beliefs that have already been adopted by another religion. +2 faith from pastures.

And perhaps some of the religious pressure related stuff, but, erm, how possible is the first bit to code? Adopting beliefs that already belong to a religion?

When founding a religion or pantheon, you may chose beliefs that have already been adopted by another religion. +2 faith from pastures.

And perhaps some of the religious pressure related stuff, but, erm, how possible is the first bit to code? Adopting beliefs that already belong to a religion?

I don't know, but that's a really cool idea.

I don't know, but that's a really cool idea.

Is your idea possible to code? :eek:

Top Bottom